There is a burger renaissance going on, at least here in Seattle there are a multitude of places to get a unique killer burger. Just to name a few:
- Blue Moon Burgers
- Red Mill Burgers
- Uneeda Burger
- Dick’s Drive-in
- Giddy Up Burgers
On top of all those, I guess In and Out is also coming to Seattle. Seriously, all the places I listed are amazing. I think my top two favorites are Blue Moon and Giddy UP, and yes I have been to all of them. Blue Moon replaced Red Mill for me. Sorry Red Mill!
I have never been to a Shake Shack ($SHAK). I am sure they are great. The stock has been going gang busters with a market cap over $3 billion. It finally had a major correction today of almost 10%. Not sure what triggered the correction, but it is likely due to the stock being over valued.
Think back to the 1980’s and 90’s, there weren’t that many good food options back in the day. Not like the casual dinning experience with fantastic food we are getting now. People really seemed to enjoy fast food during that time period. Then we grew up and realized what crap it all was. Why not pay a few dollars more and get something that you will really enjoy? Not to mention, what if you are a vegetarian like my wife? Fast food does not offer good vegetarian options, but almost all of the burger places I mentioned above have great in house veggie burgers not to mention local craft beer to wash it all down.
This Free Report Could be Your Ticket to Lifetime Wealth
Thousands have gladly paid $27 for the information I’d like to give you for free today. You see there a 5 secrets that hold most people back from attaining true wealth. Chances are you’ve been kept in the dark until now.
Click below to grab this eye opening report today:
Porter Stansberry thinks McDonald’s ($MCD) is a great buy right now. He may be correct. He points out things like huge cash flow, a high return on equity and low price to sales ratio. McDonald’s collects royalties by franchising which is a great way to make money and McDonald’s is getting out of running any of the few remaining corporate stores themselves. Porter is banking on the ability of McDonald’s to change directions.
Porter may be right, how ever I would not pull the trigger on buying the stock yet. He does admit the company should buy a higher end burger place like Shack Shack and put those in places where McDonald’s does not do well (higher end trending places). The strategy does make sense IF they actually start changing.
Before I would purchase McDonald’s I would like to see the following happen:
- End those damn “I’m loving it” jingles. They were never good, they have been played way to long and if they want to claim they are now different they need something WAY less annoying.
- The menu needs to be further cut and to get rid of the McCaffe. I actually like McDonald’s drip, but the espresso stuff is crap and a waste of time, money and adds complication.
- Forget trying to be healthy. The people that complain about the health of fast food are not the people that go eat a these restaurants. So why listen to them.
- Offer one vegetarian option for a hamburger. No, this does not contrast with number 3. There are lots of vegetarian things that are not good for you.
- I don’t care about customizing my McDonald’s Hamburger.
- Make the restaurants less depressing (Everything feels cheap).
- Make the restaurant less noisy. What’s up with all the loud beeping from the kitchen all the time?
- Don’t ever use ketchup packets again.
- Brand your own ketchup in stores.
- Give me a non-fructose corn syrup soda option.
- I have the feeling the all day breakfast will be a successes. Run with it.
- Give me something to read. Want people to use your app? Offer the paper for free from your app. If not, I’ll still buy the paper.
McDonald’s is one I am watching carefully. I think you should as well. The company now has TONS of competition. Hell, I didn’t even mention “5 Guys”, and “What-a-Burger” plus all the other fast food places that are fighting for the same customers. I am sure there are many more superior burger joints out there. If you start to notice really good changes from the company then pick up shares before everyone else starts to notice too. Warning: we may be waiting a while.