OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S Tanks and Troops Now in Poland
Here we go.

"US tanks and troops arrive in Poland"

Quote:More than 80 tanks and hundreds of armoured vehicles have arrived in Poland, as part of the largest US military reinforcement of Europe in decades.

Russia has said it views the move as a threat to its own security.
Defence correspondent Jonathan Beale reports.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38603234?post_id=10153413488842581_10153988648157581#_=_ 
Those evil Russians MUST want war!!

They're building up their forces inside their border right up against OUR MILITARY which is there are growing - half way around the world from OUR borders.

ALSO, I heard all day on NPR about the Russians "dominating and taking over ALL (quote) of the Mid East as we're not doing anything about it" (by only having our massive military presence in DOZENS of Countrys vs their ONE SYRIA (well, small part of Syria).

we can't let them get away with this

ya know, I understand our making these lies,
what I don't get, is ANY Media can quote them with a straight face
AND that so many Americans actually believe this bull

(OTOH, I've heard SOME of my customers say some pretty scary stuff about "fighting FOR Russia if it comes down to it")
(01-13-2017, 03:21 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: Those evil Russians MUST want war!!

They're building up their forces inside their border right up against OUR MILITARY which is there are growing - half way around the world from OUR borders.

ALSO, I heard all day on NPR about the Russians "dominating and taking over ALL (quote) of the Mid East as we're not doing anything about it" (by only having our massive military presence in DOZENS of Countrys vs their ONE SYRIA (well, small part of Syria).

we can't let them get away with this

ya know, I understand our making these lies,
what I don't get, is ANY Media can quote them with a straight face
AND that so many Americans actually believe this bull

(OTOH, I've heard SOME of my customers say some pretty scary stuff about "fighting FOR Russia if it comes down to it")

I agree. I'm floored. It's like WMD's all over again... this time the left is being duped.
It's a good move IMO.

Putin is clearly a bit of a loose cannon and needs to be checked.

Oh and Dave - the US is still a member of NATO
Just another move by the swamp creatures to poison the well before Trump arrives. Been something to see, and Trump isn't even in office yet. The creatures really seem to be scared shitless of him. A hopeful sign for sure.
(01-13-2017, 04:46 AM)andrew_o Wrote: It's a good move IMO.

Putin is clearly a bit of a loose cannon and needs to be checked.

Oh and Dave - the US is still a member of NATO

I'd LOVE to have a rational discussion with someone on the other side of this issue. Because I DO want to understand...........
NOT sure if you are capable, Andrew. but lets give it a shot.
I'd love you to not ignore and to stick to the subject and not throw red herrings

I understand NATO and see NO connection,
Did Russia threaten NATO????????????   nope
Did i advocate NOT supporting NATO??????   nope
Red Herring tactic of CHANGING the subject Andrew.

NOT to mention IGNORING my comments about the MIDEAST

so PLEASE explain why TEENY TINY RUSSIA is "threatening the USA (or NATO)"  with it's miniscule foreign deployments as the USA Massively and INCREASINGLY pushes Russias borders with the most powerful military the world has ever seen - If I was Russia, I'd be SCARED TO DEATH!!!!
(01-13-2017, 03:32 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: so PLEASE explain why TEENY TINY RUSSIA is "threatening the USA (or NATO)"  with it's miniscule foreign deployments as the USA Massively and INCREASINGLY pushes Russias borders with the most powerful military the world has ever seen - If I was Russia, I'd be SCARED TO DEATH!!!!

OK

So first off Russia isn't "Teeny Tiny". It is a massive country with a population of around 140 million people. It has an available army of 70 million people, a 'fit for service' capability of 47 million men and over a million men reaching military age each year. It has 3/4 of a million front line troops.

The second reason is that just because Russia is fairly poor economically, doesn't mean it's not dangerous. In fact tyrants such as Putin become more dangerous as they become more desperate. A wounded bear is generally more dangerous.

Thirdly, the Russian leadership is still smarting over its loss of face at the end of the cold war. An element still believe the newly independent states are really 'owned' by Russia and want them back. And will take them, given the opportunity. To make matters worse, Putin has played the nationalism card to bolster his position, stirring up nationalist sentiment.

Lastly, since losing its empire, Russia has already retaken several areas in unprovoked invasions. Crimea, Ukraine, Georgia. They were more recently spotted ratcheting up the pressure against the Baltic states and it has become necessary to station troops there too.

PS  Dave - stop listening to RT. It's addling your brain. It is the most obvious and crude agitprop. If you don't see that then you really need to turn the TV off.
So what's Russia going to do? Take over Europe and manage everyones crumbling pensions?
(01-13-2017, 07:13 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: So what's Russia going to do?  Take over Europe and manage everyones crumbling pensions?

Big Grin LMAO