{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BART and meself ... RIGHT years ago
TUS, you need to visit Rarotonga for such delights.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(12-31-2016, 01:57 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I'm a Laphroaig fan myself. I used to buy a bottle in duty free every time I came back from a job. Last time I bought a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Try some, you'll like it.

Anyway....

I just got back from my trip. Sunburnt and tired. Each morning one of my companions got into his kayak and went off to fish. Caught lovely snapper and we had ultra-fresh snapper for breakfast. He's the ideal paddling companion: Crazy, Fit as all hell (he's just completed a cycle ride from Vancouver to the end of the Baja Peninsula!), an ex-chef and experienced fisherman.

I'll sleep well tonight, that's for sure!

Man, I'm jealous!

my offer stands for you too!
YOU bring the fresh fish and I'll throw in all the side dishes, cook and clean it - just gotta share.
they usually bring walleye perch or sunfish, I wanna try fresh snapper!

Normally I just serve a ton of commercially caught frozen COD
a local favorite
[Image: 10987676_1036120899734777_65194937779769...e=58D716FF]

TUS is right, all the good unique independants that served great fish are GONE,
chain places are giving us just good instead!!!

same as in many other areas of the economy or life
I'm afraid you have to come to the fish, not the other way around.

If you ever get chance to pas through here - it's a deal!

(I retire in 16 months time and there's a world our envisaged. I might have to grab a plate at yours as part of that)
(12-31-2016, 06:28 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I'm afraid you have to come to the fish, not the other way around.

If you ever get chance to pas through here - it's a deal!

(I retire in 16 months time and there's a world our envisaged. I might have to grab a plate at yours as part of that)

well that'd be awesome fun!

I've got kayaks, sevennn has fishing boat, a couple famous tourist areas nearby
Great Lakes area is a nice place to visit

I don't have an EXTRA (yes, I do have ONE)  bullet proof vest, but if you want excitement I could drive you thru Flint and Detroit
Great chart, diverdown.  I too am a believer in the Big Picture ... of course details are important but you have to put them in the right framework to appreciate how they relate to each other and what they mean.

Some object to the characterization of gold as a physical commodity by saying it's not a commodity, it's money.  But that mistakenly assumes it can't be both.  It's a monetary commodity.  A commodity with a substantial history of use as money.  Silver, copper, and platinum also fall into this category.  Gold is the most monetary, since it has the least industrial use.  Copper has the most industrial use.  But none aren't one just because they are the other.

The point though is there is practical value in looking at these commodities in the context of physical commodities as a class.  They exhibit mean reversion.  You can't just look at the price of gold in dollars and say whether it's historically cheap or pricey, because the dollars of today aren't the same as the dollars of six decades ago.  Make that mistake and compared to $35 a ounce, gold looked expensive in 2006 at merely $560, after which it went on to triple.  But compared to other physical commodities such as copper it was cheap, and that aberration mean reverted.  Unlike dollars, copper is the same as it was six decades ago.  You can compare the gold price in terms of copper over long periods of time and conclude whether it's a good or not so good value.  Over long periods of time, the gold price in terms of dollars changes by orders of magnitude, but in terms of copper it doesn't move so much.

This kind of analysis won't forecast the short term movements of the gold price (what will?), but it sure can tell you whether it's high or low and give you a pretty good idea of its potential over the coming years.