{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought for the day
(05-04-2021, 12:04 PM)brunt Wrote: We should not be celebrating single motherhood, we should be more concerned on trying to make sure that it doesn't happen.

I don't know anybody who "celebrates single motherhood".

How many "single mothers" would have used contraceptives or abortion, if it were available?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(05-04-2021, 03:25 PM)aqua Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 12:04 PM)brunt Wrote: We should not be celebrating single motherhood, we should be more concerned on trying to make sure that it doesn't happen.

How many "single mothers" would have used contraceptives or abortion, if it were available?

"If it were available", when applied to contraceptives, more often than not, or so it seems to me, is code for "if someone else were have to have paid for it". Kind of like "women being denied health care".

Relatively reliable contraceptives are widely available. At a fairly reasonable cost - even if fully paid for by the person taking/using them. It's not a secret how to get them. Just how are they "not available"?

There is even one form of birth control that is 100% effective, is available to all, and costs absolutely nothing.

I have my thoughts on abortion, and that is one topic that I won't touch with a 100 foot pole. No sense in discussing it, too emotional, and everyone has made up their mind, so I have nothing to bring to the table.

There are plenty who celebrate single mothers, and how brave they are to take on "the hardest job in the world".
(05-04-2021, 04:39 PM)brunt Wrote:

"If it were available", when applied to contraceptives, more often than not, or so it seems to me, is code for "if someone else were have to have paid for it". Kind of like "women being denied health care".

Relatively reliable contraceptives are widely available. At a fairly reasonable cost - even if fully paid for by the person taking/using them. It's not a secret how to get them. Just how are they "not available"?

There is even one form of birth control that is 100% effective, is available to all, and costs absolutely nothing.

I have my thoughts on abortion, and that is one topic that I won't touch with a 100 foot pole. No sense in discussing it, too emotional, and everyone has made up their mind, so I have nothing to bring to the table.

There are plenty who celebrate single mothers, and how brave they are to take on "the hardest job in the world".

Angel  I never said a word about paying for it.  Only asked if alternatives were available. But it is obvious you want to regulate morality and sex.  You Statists have not had much luck with that.
A really powerful statement:

(05-04-2021, 05:14 PM)aqua Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 04:39 PM)brunt Wrote:

Angel  I never said a word about paying for it.  Only asked if alternatives were available. But it is obvious you want to regulate morality and sex.  You Statists have not had much luck with that.

Ha, you would be totally wrong about what is so "obvious" to you. This also has to be the first time in my life that I have been called "a statist". Pretty well the opposite of that.

And, if you take the paying for it away, can your seriously question whether or not it is available? In what world to you live where people cannot get birth control?
Democrats:

[Image: 181610633_956822835085321_26478892585206...e=60B8F6EC]

More of them:

[Image: 182990580_3812781025486821_4709495862576...e=60B9EBBF]

and again:

[Image: 182769597_10159771295546833_463228603178...e=60B8B640]
[Image: sODcGJp.jpg]

(05-06-2021, 11:12 PM)brunt Wrote: [quote pid="32698" dateline="1620148480"]

Ha, you would be totally wrong about what is so "obvious" to you. This also has to be the first time in my life that I have been called "a statist". Pretty well the opposite of that.

And, if you take the paying for it away, can your seriously question whether or not it is available? In what world to you live where people cannot get birth control?
[/quote]

If it is unaffordable, is it available ? ? ?

I live on Planet Earth.  Where do you live ? ?
(05-07-2021, 11:04 AM)aqua Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 11:12 PM)brunt Wrote: [quote pid="32698" dateline="1620148480"]

If it is unaffordable, is it available ? ? ?

I live on Planet Earth.  Where do you live ? ?
[/quote]

I live on planet Earth, where birth control is widely available, and quite affordable. It is particularly affordable when compared to the option of having sex without birth control. But I guess that option requires foresight.

And there is always the option on not having sex if you don't want to get pregnant. I am no prude, but I honestly view this as an option.
MY Thought for the day??

I'm at work noticing yet another delivery driver who is like over 80years old,
I ask him "I thought you retired?!" (I had no idea who he was of if he did)

his answer,  "yes, but they can't find or get any young guys to do this (heavy) work so they begged me back for a while"

THEN I realized how many times I've heard that exact same story from ALL my many smaller suppliers
AS I'm putting away about 50 cases in the freezer at 66 yo

so remember when young people did the heavy lifting work and old people were in offices doing brain work?
Modern world seems upside down in yet another item.
We have a similar problem but for different reasons: We are short of hundreds of nurses, doctors & cops because they've headed over to Aussie where the pay is higher and we cannot replace them with 3rd worlders.