{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAOIDIOTS
I don't know why I waste my time on you ignorant bastards. Whatever happen to the GOV Lawyer from California that insisted the Chinese economy would collapse?
Expand gardens now to avoid the Holodomor
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(02-16-2021, 10:56 AM)sevenmmm Wrote: I don't know why I waste my time on you ignorant bastards. Whatever happen to the GOV Lawyer from California that insisted the Chinese economy would collapse?

it's  IMPORTANT to listen to other points of view, even "idiot ignorant" ones!
We need them to set our bearings

(least we become what we accuse others of)
I doubt I can stomach Andrew the Orangutan for very long.
Big Grin 
(02-16-2021, 03:31 PM)sevenmmm Wrote: I doubt I can stomach Andrew the Orangutan for very long.

sadly that says more about your mental health/stability/goodness, than his.

Strengthen up - don't let others get to you, only then will life will be much better for the only one that matters (self)
(02-16-2021, 10:23 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 03:31 PM)sevenmmm Wrote: I doubt I can stomach Andrew the Orangutan for very long.

sadly that says more about your mental health/stability/goodness, than his.

Strengthen up - don't let others get to you, only then will life will be much better for the only one that matters (self)

To come to such a conclusion based on a few posts is weak at best.
Cutting down the climax forests, an integral element in the water cycle, and building houses out of the wood, with the pleasure seeking clueless morons on this planet (as well as others..) wondering why the planet full of houses is burning.
(01-01-2022, 12:27 PM)sevenmmm Wrote: Cutting down the climax forests, an integral element in the water cycle, and building houses out of the wood, with the pleasure seeking clueless morons on this planet (as well as others..) wondering why the planet full of houses is burning.

I more wonder about our planet full of more, people leading better lives than ever before, and BY FAR!!

that may, for you, as often is..........

FEELINGS over Facts

Let us LOOK at FACTS of ALL NATURAL DISASTERS (rather than a tiny subsection of your handpicked ((wrong)) example:

https://www.humanprogress.org/natural-disasters-claim-fewer-lives/

[Image: chart.png]
I don't know Dave, then there is this chart found by scrolling down on this web story: https://www.visionofhumanity.org/global-...ten-times/
(01-01-2022, 02:34 PM)sevenmmm Wrote: I don't know Dave, then there is this chart found by scrolling down on this web story:  https://www.visionofhumanity.org/global-...ten-times/

yes it is interesting how data is hard to decipher because anyone can find opposites
we do have to think for ourselves,

BUT between the two on this thread, I think the difference is one shows DEATHS way down, while the other shows "number of incidences is up".

sorta like this last Covid wave, it's more covid but less deaths.
personally, I like less deaths over less number of incidents.

which begs the question, DID YOU READ the Source in that Link YOU POSTED???
(pre concieved notions are hard to see past some times)
Because here is a direct QUOTE FROM IT.

Quote:[b] On average, 42 per cent fewer people died due to natural[/b]
disasters per year in the last three decades compared to the
average from 1945 to 1990.
No. I read all manner of ideas and judge them on the merit of these ideas.

We can't get ideas straight out of a dictionary without putting words together.

(01-01-2022, 08:44 PM)sevenmmm Wrote: No. I read all manner of ideas and judge them on the merit of these ideas.

We can't get ideas straight out of a dictionary without putting words together.

Your best argument is there are multiple times more people on the planet which results in more extreme destruction of all things human. By all rights deaths should be off the charts, which they really aren't. Hell, we can breed them far faster than they are dying anyway. But that isn't my point, its the number of extreme events.