{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My vote, most pathetic political ad
My wife requested an absentee ballot this year, and for reasons of her own didn't turn it in.
During the week before the election we received at least a dozen telephone calls, all from Democrats, requesting that she submit her ballot.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(11-04-2020, 11:33 PM)Innocynic Wrote: My wife requested an absentee ballot this year, and for reasons of her own didn't turn it in.  
During the week before the election we received at least a dozen telephone calls, all from Democrats, requesting that she submit her ballot.

we never got any absentee ballot,

but in last week, also got half dozen calls reminding us to turn them in.

More interestingly, my nephew and his wife asked for absentee ballots, both got letters vial mail,
HIS had a ballot that he turned in to the clerk just fine.
SHE got only an internet LINK of where to go to vote, which she did, and printed it off and took it in, as per instructions. and the Clerk took it saying "I'll have someone transfer this information to an official ballot for you".
weird
The most powerful nation on earth can't run a clean and efficient ballot. Sigh!
(11-05-2020, 02:59 AM)andrew_o Wrote: The most powerful nation on earth can't run a clean and efficient ballot. Sigh!

Oh, it is clean.  Just not very efficient.

I received my mail in ballot months ago, and turned it in at the village hall 2 days later.  Since then I have probably received 20 or so reminders to mail my ballot back.
(11-05-2020, 02:59 AM)andrew_o Wrote: The most powerful nation on earth can't run a clean and efficient ballot. Sigh!

(11-05-2020, 01:42 PM)aqua Wrote:

Oh, it is clean.  Just not very efficient.

I received my mail in ballot months ago, and turned it in at the village hall 2 days later.  Since then I have probably received 20 or so reminders to mail my ballot back.

keep in mind too,
the "Nation" isn't supposed to have much to do with it BY CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE

it's a STATES issue (well, as much as States have any Rights left after our last Civil War)

https://constitutioncenter.org/interacti...lauses/750
Yep fair point