{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My vote, most pathetic political ad
it says "paid for by https://www.futureforwardusa.org/  "

there are many slightly different versions of this ad, but they all say

Quote:WHO you vote for is private, BUT Whether or not you vote is PUBLIC RECORD
AND after the election your clerk will update the public records
AND your friends, family and neighbors will SEE this info.
Including WHICH PARTY you probably voted for based on most states requiring registering as to which party preference you designate (required to vote in primaries)

THREATS fear and shaming intimidation.

curious who would use this kind of evil method I
researched who financially supports futureforwardusa.org I find ALL Leftist Liberal Democrats with many top GOOGLE EXECUTIVES.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
They are pretty clearly a leftist organization, but they are on the right track with making voting records public. I don't agree with anonymous voting any more than I agree with limited liability corporations. TBH I don't agree with voting or corporations in any government supported form. Protecting people from their choices is very much a leftist ideal. They are on top at the moment largely because they did just that, and promised to do even more. The right isn't going to take the country back hiding in the shadows.
(11-03-2020, 12:21 PM)mason Wrote: They are pretty clearly a leftist organization, but they are on the right track with making voting records public. I don't agree with anonymous voting any more than I agree with limited liability corporations. TBH I don't agree with voting or corporations in any government supported form. Protecting people from their choices is very much a leftist ideal. They are on top at the moment largely because they did just that, and promised to do even more. The right isn't going to take the country back hiding in the shadows.

wow, OK, you making me think.

Personally ALL my life I've believed in a PRIVATE (secret) balloting.
I've seen way too much horrible, even violent, vote intimidation when people vote in public (show of hands, card check, etc) so that we end up with MOB rule (the strongest meanest evil, rule).

OTOH I guess you make a good point, because I do also hate it when our Congress makes a "voice vote"
and anonymous speech (or seemingly so) on Social Media seems to have contributed to a lot of EVIL Speech.

I think Our Bill of Rights (and morality) protect FREE Speech even if it's anonymous - but most people don't think so.
You sound in the category of "most people" here?
good point on it protects people from their choices...........

so I guess I'll think more and stay confused.
but I do love Freedom in ALL it's forms, not just it's public one
That is awful. Your vote should be completely private.
100% Silverfish
(11-03-2020, 02:43 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: it says "paid for by https://www.futureforwardusa.org/  "

there are many slightly different versions of this ad, but they all say

Quote:WHO you vote for is private, BUT Whether or not you vote is PUBLIC RECORD
AND after the election your clerk will update the public records
AND your friends, family and neighbors will SEE this info.
Including WHICH PARTY you probably voted for based on most states requiring registering as to which party preference you designate (required to vote in primaries)

THREATS fear and shaming intimidation.

curious who would use this kind of evil method I
researched who financially supports futureforwardusa.org I find ALL Leftist Liberal Democrats with many top GOOGLE EXECUTIVES.

Ugg. That is terrible. I've been debating about blocking google bots from crawling the forum. While it's extremely difficult to get away from these tech giants I want to do what I can.
Wisconsin voting has been tracked since at least 1980. I know because the Clerk of Court was a close friend, and looked my 1980 vote up and told me who I voted for.

Other states also do this: Virginia · Washington · West Virginia · Wisconsin · Wyoming.

Then there is the info from the 2017 Trump "voter fraud" investigation. The Red States that cooperated had their voter info put up for sale in 2018,

https://apnews.com/press-release/pr-glob...6fc2f93b99

Estimated 35 Million Voter Records From 19 States For Sale on Popular Hacking Forum
Anomali, Inc.October 15, 2018
(11-04-2020, 02:18 PM)aqua Wrote: Wisconsin voting has been tracked since at least 1980.  I know because the Clerk of Court was a close friend, and looked my 1980 vote up and told me who I voted for.

Other states also do this: Virginia · Washington · West Virginia · Wisconsin · Wyoming.

Then there is the info from the 2017 Trump "voter fraud" investigation.  The Red States that cooperated had their voter info put up for sale in 2018,

Estimated 35 Million Voter Records From 19 States For Sale on Popular Hacking Forum

that article is about hacking and/or selling legally available info that does NOT disclose who you voted for.
as far as the clerk looking back to see who you voted for, that is easy to GUESS with a great deal of accuracy, but it's still only a guess.

TO illustrated (and show how Republicans can use unsavory tactics)
Yesterday a friend of mine who was working as a POLL WATCHER pointed out his main duty
which is NOT what most people think, most people think they only help ensure things are done properly by the rules
while that is true,

they ALSO are charged with (as he does) tabulating on his personal electronic device the names of who vote as they vote
THEN Late in the day they Party headquarter computers process that info and send him a report of REGISTERED REPUBLICAN Voters who have NOT YET voted in his district so that he can call them.

I know him so it's a nice reminder to vote.
OTHERS in that position will call those "not yet voted, but registered to my party" voters
and say things like "hey, Joe, I see you have not voted yet, get your ass up here NOW"
"and I won't let your union membership know - I'd hate your job to be in jeapardy". ETC.
(11-04-2020, 03:51 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: as far as the clerk looking back to see who you voted for, that is easy to GUESS with a great deal of accuracy, but it's still only a guess.

If it was a guess, it was a lucky one.  There were 10 Presidential candidates running here in 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Unite..._Wisconsin
(11-04-2020, 03:51 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 02:18 PM)aqua Wrote: Wisconsin voting has been tracked since at least 1980.  I know because the Clerk of Court was a close friend, and looked my 1980 vote up and told me who I voted for.

Then there is the info from the 2017 Trump "voter fraud" investigation.  The Red States that cooperated had their voter info put up for sale in 2018,

that article is about hacking and/or selling legally available info that does NOT disclose who you voted for.
as far as the clerk looking back to see who you voted for, that is easy to GUESS with a great deal of accuracy, but it's still only a guess.

TO illustrated (and show how Republicans can use unsavory tactics)
Yesterday a friend of mine who was working as a POLL WATCHER pointed out his main duty
which is NOT what most people think, most people think they only help ensure things are done properly by the rules
while that is true,

they ALSO are charged with (as he does) tabulating on his personal electronic device the names of who vote as they vote
THEN Late in the day they Party headquarter computers process that info and send him a report of REGISTERED REPUBLICAN Voters who have NOT YET voted in his district so that he can call them.

I know him so it's a nice reminder to vote.
OTHERS in that position will call those "not yet voted, but registered to my party" voters
and say things like "hey, Joe, I see you have not voted yet, get your ass up here NOW"
"and I won't let your union membership know - I'd hate your job to be in jeapardy". ETC.

I was a scrutineer at our election a couple of weeks ago. We are allowed to photograph the electoral officers lists of who has voted, and yes they go back to the party I was helping and they use that to chase up voters who haven't yet. It's part of the game - a lot of this centers around giving pensioners and the disabled a ride to the voting station. No pressure at all because the vote itself is secret.

Hearing about Philly where scrutineers weren't allowed to watch the voting is beyond bad - the process should be seen to be squeaky clean and this sounds very dodgy.