OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does it even kill anymore??
(08-16-2020, 09:43 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Oh Yes! Great graphic

This is a MUST WATCH

An Australian economist talking to the State of Victoria government in Australia:

I saw the video of the Australian cop choking, throwing to the ground and basically severly assualting a young lady for not wearing a mask.  Wow.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
Yes that was a disgrace. Victoria is the most liberal state and Melbourne the most liberal city - it just shows that when the chips are down the left go authoritarian.

You can bet that should Biden win the US election, the streets will be cleared in Portland, Seattle etc in a night by cops swinging billy clubs.
Thumbs Down 
(08-18-2020, 08:36 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Yes that was a disgrace. Victoria is the most liberal state and Melbourne the most liberal city - it just shows that when the chips are down the left go authoritarian.

You can bet that should Biden win the US election, the streets will be cleared in Portland, Seattle etc in a night by cops swinging billy clubs.

Melbourne is not really liberal (left). It's a mix of very rich elites on the right and rich bogans on the left. The left (labor) get their votes by bribing the immigrant communities and the poorer suburbs.

It's a very authoritarian city. Open alcohol containers banned everywhere, you can't have a quiet beer in a park.

Traffic cameras are everywhere, to catch anyone 4 MPH over the speed limit. Max speed limit is 100 Km/h (62 MPH).

Red light cameras at most intersections.

Police use number plate recognition to determine where you live.

If you run onto the arena after a football game $6,000 fine.

Minimum speeding ticket is $180.

Parking tickets over $100.

Our DUI level is .05, I believe California is .08.

It's a nanny state and heading towards East Germany status.

In Nelson, Victoria, 250  miles from Melbourne, the residents can't cross the border to get supplies from their nearest large town. Instead, they have to drive miles towards the active case areas to get supplies and medical appointments.

Freedom has disappeared and there is the outrageous indignation towards people who question the lockdown.

Melbourne

They said officers were patrolling the area to ensure people were complying. Those caught breaching the restrictions face $1652 fines.

A police spokeswoman said officers would continue to issue fines for deliberate, obvious and blatant breaches of the Chief Health Officer's directions.

"We know there have been some instances where people have been fined for travelling in a vehicle to exercise within five kilometres of their home," she said.

Police have issued 174 fines to people caught breaching the Chief Health Officer's directions in the past 24 hours.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victo...55mso.html
I suppose how we define liberal / left these days.

But the parallels are there with the USA - voted in my poor ethnic communities who get paid off with welfare and lorded over by a very rich elite. Sounds very much like the Democrats to me. All backed up by the ABC and leftists in academia.
Sure wish someone could attempt an explanation of why as more and MORE people are getting Covid,
less and LESS people die from it.
(straight numbers, NOT PERCENTS)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020...cases.html

my wife keeps telling me I'm stupid for not understanding that it's because healthier young people are getting Covid now,
but Unless I'm really REALLY missing something, that can only effect the PERCENTS, it can not possibly in any way imaginable, lower the NUMBERS that die!!!

if you can't tell, I'm really frustrated by this mystery
(08-30-2020, 01:30 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: Sure wish someone could attempt an explanation of why as more and MORE people are getting Covid,
less and LESS people die from it.
(straight numbers, NOT PERCENTS)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020...cases.html

my wife keeps telling me I'm stupid for not understanding that it's because healthier young people are getting Covid now,
but Unless I'm really REALLY missing something, that can only effect the PERCENTS, it can not possibly in any way imaginable, lower the NUMBERS that die!!!

if you can't tell, I'm really frustrated by this mystery

It shouldn't be that much of a mystery.

Older people are taking more precautions (masks, isolating).  Older people are most likely to die.

More and more younger people are getting infected.  They are less likely to die.

Treatments are getting better.
(08-30-2020, 04:12 PM)aqua Wrote: It shouldn't be that much of a mystery.

Older people are taking more precautions (masks, isolating).  Older people are most likely to die.

More and more younger people are getting infected.  They are less likely to die.

Treatments are getting better.

that sounds like a great argument for the death RATE to be lower,

MY Question was about the NUMBER of Deaths being lower, dramatically lower as in almost RARE.

"more young people getting it" is no kind of answer, because SOME STILL DIE.
"old people being careful" again, changes the RATE, but a great many MORE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES are getting it, and deaths are now almost rare.

and as to treatments? Sure they're getting better, but really - they would have to be DRAMATICALLY BETTER to account for number of deaths dropping like they have.
AND SURELY there would be SOME BRAGGING about that if it were true, I hear of NO real good treatments yet,
can YOU name some??? (really good ones)

LOOK at the NUMBER (not rates) of DEATHS for the whole Country.
You would think we have found a magic vaccine!!!!!

[Image: 118397627_10158564136059518_978259531027...e=5F6FC2D1]
(08-30-2020, 05:07 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: LOOK at the NUMBER (not rates) of DEATHS for the whole Country.

[Image: 118397627_10158564136059518_978259531027...e=5F6FC2D1]

Dave.  Don't you find it at least a little bit curious that the death rate for the USA turned down after the Liar-in-Chief decided in Mid-July to take over tabulating the numbers ? ? ? ?

Look at the dates on your chart.

Something similar will happen in October, when the unemployed will have used up all their unemployment and start
dropping off the unemployment rolls.   Suddenly the USA will be back to 3% unemployment.
You'll find a similar chart for all European countries. In essence the virus has pretty much killed whoever it was going to kill.

Use the google app - type in 'Covid 19 deaths country' and see the curve pop up for your choice of country

It's a typical infection curve.
(08-30-2020, 05:57 PM)aqua Wrote: [quote pid='28419' dateline='1598807237']

LOOK at the NUMBER (not rates) of DEATHS for the whole Country.

Dave.  Don't you find it at least a little bit curious that the death rate for the USA turned down after the Liar-in-Chief decided in Mid-July to take over tabulating the numbers ? ? ? ?

Considering it matches the rest of the world, and TDS doesn't color my thinking, nor do I think our President controls all other Countries, I'd say I'm VERY curious why few die anymore, I'm NOT curious about some silly claim of Lies here (you can't lie about DEAD, you CAN lie about "infected tho).

Look at the dates on your chart..

Quite GOOD and modern dates, what did you notice????

Something similar will happen in October, when the unemployed will have used up all their unemployment and start
dropping off the unemployment rolls.   Suddenly the USA will be back to 3% unemployment.

You evidently don't know how it's measured, what you say can ONLY Happen if they don't register as looking for work!
in which case, they SHOULD be off the unemployment rolls!!! duh, you are confusing (purposely?) the "participation rate" with the "unemployment rate".
DICTIONARYS are IMPORTANT.

[/quote]