{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSM
(06-29-2020, 08:25 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Maybe we need a thread just for media lies.
We could call it "Fox News".

Or how about "Trumping".
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
You're sounding desperate Aqua!

Talking of of Mount Rushmore:

The Left Says America Was Built On ‘Stolen Land’; Here’s The Reality That Narrative Ignores

The latest monument to come under fire by the Left is one that they’ll probably need more than a chain and a small band of vandals to pull down. Mount Rushmore, a symbol of “white domination” and “white supremacy” — and, even worse now, the site of a President Trump speech — must be, as a recent New York Times article put it, “reconsidered.”

Oglala Sioux President Julian Bear Runner believes the monument should “come down” but not via explosives. Blowing up giant 60-foot faces carved into the side of a mountain would, Bear Runner concedes, probably cause a bit more damage than whatever kind of unspecified damage is caused by their continued presence. Maybe we can just put a giant tarp over it. Or — here’s a better idea — to each sculpture we can affix a really big version of one of those gag glasses with noses and funny mustaches. 
But the most interesting part of the belated Mount Rushmore backlash is the repeated claim that we must repent of the monument and somehow remove it because it was built on “stolen” land. Senator Tammy Duckworth also echoed this theme over the weekend, pronouncing the land “stolen” from “Native Americans,” who acquired it “during a treaty.” As so many woke Leftists tend to do, Duckwork speaks of Native Americans as if they were one homogenous and unified group. Americans stole from “Native Americans,” generally, she says. Which is like saying the British “stole land from Asians” when they occupied India. No, they were taking from Indians, not the Chinese or the Vietnamese, and the distinction is important. Indeed, Leftists would usually be the first to claim that it is racist to erase or minimize such distinctions. 

Yet there is a reason why the “we stole land” crowd is hesitant to get specific on the matter of who we stole the land from. The problem is helpfully illustrated by this PBS article, which says the Black Hills were appropriated from the Lakota Sioux, who were “the original occupants of the area.” But the Lakota were the original occupants of the Black Hills in the same way that I was the first person to experience human flight when I took a plane from Baltimore to Charlotte in March. That is to say, I wasn’t. And they weren’t. Not by a long shot. 

There has been a human presence in the Black Hills since prehistoric times. From that era until the US “stole” it, many groups of people fought, often quite brutally, for control of the region. Slightly more recently, the Arikara tribe moved in around the time that Columbus first sailed the ocean blue. The Cheyenne, Kiowa, Crow, and other tribes all arrived in short order to fight for their own share of the coveted mountain range. Finally, the Lakota — the alleged “original occupants” — came in the 18th century, drove all of their competitors away, and established control. It’s worth noting that, for Indian tribes, “driving competitors away” often meant violence and pillaging.
The U.S. did not take the Black Hills from its original occupants. The original occupants had long since been exiled or exterminated by other Native American tribes, who received the same treatment from the next tribe, who received it from the next, and so on. Rather, it would be more accurate to say that the U.S. took the Black Hills from the most recent tribe that had taken it from the tribe that had most recently taken it before them. This is not mere pedantry. The point is that white settlers and pioneers, by trying to claim and conquer new land, were not introducing some new horror to the continent. They were playing the same game of conquest that Indian tribes had been playing — that all people, everywhere, had been playing — since the dawn of human civilization.

It is simply absurd to treat the “theft” of land by Europeans and Americans as a unique evil for which we must repent and take down our monuments in shame. Wars of conquest had been waged in this part of the world for thousands of years before any white man graced these shores. Slavery, torture killings, rape, pillage — all of these were common features of Indian conflict. The white man jumped into that fray, he didn’t invent it. This is just how the world worked, long before air conditioning and Taco Bell and Twitter accounts. 

And we certainly cannot say that white people were unique in their barbarism. Such claims are rendered absurd by even a cursory study of tribes like the Comanche, who were known to torture babies and roast captives alive; or the Iriquois, who committed a campaign of extermination against the Huron over a century before the United States was founded. As SC Gwynn explains in his book “Empire of the Summer Moon,” many Indian tribes in North America were brutal and warlike. And that is to say nothing of the Mesoamerican tribes, like the Aztecs and the Maya, who engaged in human sacrifice on a scale that is almost impossible to fathom. Archeologists are stll uncovering the endless and towering racks of skulls where the dismembered heads of the butchered victims were kept.
(07-06-2020, 09:04 PM)andrew_o Wrote: You're sounding desperate Aqua!

Talking of of Mount Rushmore:

The Left Says America Was Built On ‘Stolen Land’; Here’s The Reality That Narrative Ignores

The latest monument to come under fire by the Left is one that they’ll probably need more than a chain and a small band of vandals to pull down. Mount Rushmore, a symbol of “white domination” and “white supremacy” — and, even worse now, the site of a President Trump speech — must be, as a recent New York Times article put it, “reconsidered.”

Oglala Sioux President Julian Bear Runner believes the monument should “come down” but not via explosives. Blowing up giant 60-foot faces carved into the side of a mountain would, Bear Runner concedes, probably cause a bit more damage than whatever kind of unspecified damage is caused by their continued presence. Maybe we can just put a giant tarp over it. Or — here’s a better idea — to each sculpture we can affix a really big version of one of those gag glasses with noses and funny mustaches. 
But the most interesting part of the belated Mount Rushmore backlash is the repeated claim that we must repent of the monument and somehow remove it because it was built on “stolen” land. Senator Tammy Duckworth also echoed this theme over the weekend, pronouncing the land “stolen” from “Native Americans,” who acquired it “during a treaty.” As so many woke Leftists tend to do, Duckwork speaks of Native Americans as if they were one homogenous and unified group. Americans stole from “Native Americans,” generally, she says. Which is like saying the British “stole land from Asians” when they occupied India. No, they were taking from Indians, not the Chinese or the Vietnamese, and the distinction is important. Indeed, Leftists would usually be the first to claim that it is racist to erase or minimize such distinctions. 

Yet there is a reason why the “we stole land” crowd is hesitant to get specific on the matter of who we stole the land from. The problem is helpfully illustrated by this PBS article, which says the Black Hills were appropriated from the Lakota Sioux, who were “the original occupants of the area.” But the Lakota were the original occupants of the Black Hills in the same way that I was the first person to experience human flight when I took a plane from Baltimore to Charlotte in March. That is to say, I wasn’t. And they weren’t. Not by a long shot. 

There has been a human presence in the Black Hills since prehistoric times. From that era until the US “stole” it, many groups of people fought, often quite brutally, for control of the region. Slightly more recently, the Arikara tribe moved in around the time that Columbus first sailed the ocean blue. The Cheyenne, Kiowa, Crow, and other tribes all arrived in short order to fight for their own share of the coveted mountain range. Finally, the Lakota — the alleged “original occupants” — came in the 18th century, drove all of their competitors away, and established control. It’s worth noting that, for Indian tribes, “driving competitors away” often meant violence and pillaging.
The U.S. did not take the Black Hills from its original occupants. The original occupants had long since been exiled or exterminated by other Native American tribes, who received the same treatment from the next tribe, who received it from the next, and so on. Rather, it would be more accurate to say that the U.S. took the Black Hills from the most recent tribe that had taken it from the tribe that had most recently taken it before them. This is not mere pedantry. The point is that white settlers and pioneers, by trying to claim and conquer new land, were not introducing some new horror to the continent. They were playing the same game of conquest that Indian tribes had been playing — that all people, everywhere, had been playing — since the dawn of human civilization.

It is simply absurd to treat the “theft” of land by Europeans and Americans as a unique evil for which we must repent and take down our monuments in shame. Wars of conquest had been waged in this part of the world for thousands of years before any white man graced these shores. Slavery, torture killings, rape, pillage — all of these were common features of Indian conflict. The white man jumped into that fray, he didn’t invent it. This is just how the world worked, long before air conditioning and Taco Bell and Twitter accounts. 

And we certainly cannot say that white people were unique in their barbarism. Such claims are rendered absurd by even a cursory study of tribes like the Comanche, who were known to torture babies and roast captives alive; or the Iriquois, who committed a campaign of extermination against the Huron over a century before the United States was founded. As SC Gwynn explains in his book “Empire of the Summer Moon,” many Indian tribes in North America were brutal and warlike. And that is to say nothing of the Mesoamerican tribes, like the Aztecs and the Maya, who engaged in human sacrifice on a scale that is almost impossible to fathom. Archeologists are stll uncovering the endless and towering racks of skulls where the dismembered heads of the butchered victims were kept.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes  Your bias seems to be far more desperate than mine.
[Image: 107390525_3220744047978566_5781161830339...e=5F28EC5C]
[Image: 106274770_4128718913835838_5495278010273...e=5F2BB803]
[Image: putin-trump-helsinki-meeting-funny-react...b__700.jpg]

[Image: putin-trump-helsinki-meeting-funny-react...3__700.gif]
Just like CNNs faux street:

[Image: 107051075_725285951635813_41300361152771...e=5F2C16C7]
[Image: 107294425_10156954255100683_866964307031...e=5F33D2E4]

[Image: 108996828_2973452126036698_7228053136683...e=5F32C527]
[Image: 108879831_10158495367546668_359780711675...e=5F3DCAC2]
CBS admits to using footage from Italy in NYC coronavirus report

CBS News has admitted that alarming footage of an overflowing ward used during a report on the coronavirus crisis in Big Apple hospitals was actually shot in Italy.

CBS’ breakfast show, “This Morning,” used the footage of a packed ward last Wednesday just after saying the pandemic’s epicenter was “found right here” in New York.
The same footage had been aired earlier by Sky News — which correctly identified it as one of Europe’s “most hard-hit” hospitals located in Bergamo, Lombardy.

Quote:During a Pandemic it is essential that the Media gives us real and accurate information.
It’s completely irresponsible for @CBSNews to use footage from an Italian Hospital when talking about the outbreak in New York City.
“It was an editing mistake,” a CBS News spokesperson told Fox News. “We took immediate steps to remove it from all platforms and shows.”

Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

CBS Publishes Fake News Story of Nurse With No Coronavirus Protection

CBS published a news story of a woman who claimed to be a nurse saying she had no coronavirus protection equipment, but evidence suggests it is fake.

“In tears, a nurse says she quit her job after she was asked to work in a coronavirus ICU without a face mask,” the tweet from CBS reads, with an attached video of an unidentified woman.

“I quit my job today, I wanted to work, and I was assigned to a COVID patient on an ICU unit that has been converted to a designated COVID unit,” the woman in the video claims. “None of the nurses are wearing masks, not even surgical masks in the hallways when they are giving reports to each other,” she added.

She explained that she already had her own N-95 mask.

“I told my manager I understand we’re short on supplies, but let me protect myself, let me feel safe, I have family that I have to come home to, and the way things are looking, this isn’t going to get any better. America is not prepared, and nurses are not being protected,” she concluded.

Presidential hopeful Senator Bernie Sanders picked up on the story, tweeting that it is “insane that our nurses are being forced to care for the sick without masks and respirators.” Sanders called for the Department of Labor to “immediately issue emergency workplace standards to protect our health workers, their families, and their patients.”

However, this now seems to be completely fake news. The woman goes by Imaris on social media, and has a significant following on Instagram. One Twitter user pointed out that only days before posting her video, she wrote online that she hadn’t been working in a hospital for over a year, and also had anxiety and bipolar depression. She also noted that information regarding the coronavirus “triggered” her.

None of the facts are adding up. Is anyone surprised that CBS is willing to publish unverified, fake news without doing any checking beforehand?