{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford vs Ferrari is great!
Loved every minute of it.  Go see it on the big screen if you can.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
I haven't seen it yet. But lots of kiwis are annoyed that it paints out one important point: The cars were driven by New Zealanders.

https://www.noted.co.nz/culture/culture-...ing-heroes

Why movie Ford v Ferrari black-flags three Kiwi racing heroes

A new Hollywood film about a legendary car race won by a couple of New Zealand greats barely features them. Russell Baillie asks its director why, and how accurate his movie is.

Quote:When New Zealand drivers Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon won and Denny Hulme came second in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966, it wasn’t just another triumph during a golden age for Kiwi drivers in international motorsport.
[Image: 1064be72-8d88-4eab-9ce5-b57d39b4aa23-LS4...515226.jpg]

Note the kiwi on the helmet!  
Don't you Yanks hide our national heroes!
Well poetic license I guess. Still a great movie.  Historical movies always give short thrift to many things.  As the article says, the story narrative is king.  Couldn't do it with six players.

“Well, that’s the way it goes … I think you’re doomed if you’re going to look at it in such a nationalistic way. The reality is that we were focused on two characters. I couldn’t focus the movie on six characters.”
That looks like the only good movie out right now. Been meaning to see it. Glad it to hear it's good!
BTW Joker was utterly brilliant!
(12-14-2019, 05:59 PM)andrew_o Wrote: BTW Joker was utterly brilliant!
Have to wait for that one to come out on DVD. From what I hear that's a very dark movie, the kind I get increasingly tired of, but I did hear it was well done.
(12-14-2019, 10:14 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 05:59 PM)andrew_o Wrote: BTW Joker was utterly brilliant!
Have to wait for that one to come out on DVD. From what I hear that's a very dark movie, the kind I get increasingly tired of, but I did hear it was well done.

It's very special. The swamp hated it.