less than $1,000.00 in savings.

Here's some further breakdown charts.

By Age

Low savings shown in blue (zero savings) and in green (less than $1000.):

[Image: 1fcc3d29-0645-4c1a-80de-f0e82b9a7c46.png] 

By Income

Low savings shown in blue (zero savings) and in green (less than $1000.):

[Image: c5940b80-9187-44d2-bf0c-85cde2489a02.png] 
"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
I am always blown away by the fact that fewer than 50% of people who earn more than $150,000 annually have saved more than $5,000.
(09-22-2016, 10:40 AM)brunt Wrote: I am always blown away by the fact that fewer than 50% of people who earn more than $150,000 annually have saved more than $5,000.

I know!

it's not even ONE paycheck for them.

You would think the brains needed to earn that, would be the same brains telling them to save at least ONE paycheck ahead, is a good thing.

but money IS a weird thing
Easy come, easy go... It also works in reverse sometimes. Every now and then I hear of someone who had tons of money stashed away yet lived like a homeless person. So, yes. money can be very weird!
Tongue 
Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

Savings I have ....

I live on the ROAD ........

and so says Mr. BONNER ... the lone amigo

Ms. Yellen smiled yesterday, announcing no change to the Fed’s extraordinary policies.
For the last eight years, she has been aiding and abetting the largest theft in history.
Thanks to ZIRP (zero-interest-rate policy) and QE (quantitative easing), every year, about $300 billion is transferred from largely middle-class savers to largely better-off speculators, financial asset owners, and the biggest borrowers during that period – corporations and the government.
The financial press, nevertheless, finds something vaguely heroic about enabling the grandest larceny ever.

hey, it's a free life with no normal hassels 

C'est la Vie
Rolleyes    JP MORGAN metals price suppression Team-LEADER / and bank run expert ... to Jamie Diamonds
People on this forum, like all know-it-alls everywhere and in every age, want to have their cake and eat it too.

If our political and financial systems, and our fiat currency are all doomed (as most here avow) then why should people save anything at all in "green money" for the future???

Why not consume as you go along, at roughly the same rates of earnings/consumption???  If you do anything else, aren't you going to be screwed???

If the present system doesn't stay together, it might be fine to save gold and tangible goods, but the social chaos that will ultimately ensue will most likely eliminate quite a few of the prescient persons.  In any community, the grasshoppers know who the ants happen to be.

Go ahead, pat yourselves all on the back.  Nobody else us going to do so, save those who think they might steal your shit.

oly
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring

You pick up the phone.

"Hello, I am a total stranger from the government/polling taking place doing a survey.

How much money do you have? "

How many of you would answer that correctly ? ? Huh

I know I wouldn't. Angel Angel Angel

[Image: politics-census-pollster-polling-taking_...08_low.jpg]
Long ago I figured out that wealth isn't about how much you earn, it's about how much you hang on to.
I tend to agree with that ANDROID thought ..... like I told many a young guy overseas ; this job is only worth what you get home with .......

Most would waste,lose, or loan it away ..... before they ever got back even.

and most had no HOME to return to .....

and some in Viet Nam .... did not ever get home , so why not spend it in Hong kong on R&R .... you never know do you ??

in my case , I had saved 540 ounces AU by the time I got free of the USAF and Viet Nam ..... 1971

Then NIXON closed the gold window and you all know the rest ....

did I keep it ??

Well, it was illegal to hold inside the USA ......

However thye good volk of of a mountainous country gave me a free box for life .....

so I could drop by and Count de Monet and possibly add to the sum

Their way of showing support for a common Soldat .... who still knows not what fate will deal into his hand

BEWARE of false Christians ....

and refugees from the deserts

quick SEVEN ... do the Math

540 X 1330 = 718,918 FIATS

Meanwhile, in the real world, Jim Clifton, head of the Gallup poll group, sees a horror show.
Over the glorious years in which the Bernanke-Yellen team has managed the economy, he notes, the percentage of Americans who reply to his polls saying they are in the middle or upper-middle classes has fallen from 61% to 51%.
The adult population of the U.S. is about 250 million people. So, that’s 25 million people who have slipped out of the middle class during the time when the dream team has been engineering a “recovery.”
These are people whose “lives have crashed,” says Clifton:

crash and Burn ...... the fighter pilots doom

and you think FUG BOOK is still your answer don't you 

Lloyd you've done a really great job ......  Undecided
Rolleyes    JP MORGAN metals price suppression Team-LEADER / and bank run expert ... to Jamie Diamonds
(09-24-2016, 01:42 AM)thye usual suspect Wrote:                                                          and you think FUG BOOK is still your answer don't you 

meantime

FIVE YEAR HIGH, non stop, up up up

I guess one of these Decades, TUS MIGHT be right abut "FUB BOOK"

Quote:Facebook, Inc. Common Stock
NASDAQ: FB - Sep 23, 7:59 PM EDT