{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW "they" control most of us
Quote:Our brains' biological wiring is so well-understood now that it's routinely used against us.

https://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/1149...ink_114939

this one sentence profoundly explains a LOT of what most all of us here have been saying for a long time.

you got a smart young kids? send him into this field of study -
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
I think the overwhelming majority of people prefer it this way. The truth has been thrown in their faces over and over again, year after year, but all that upsetting news drives them into the loving arms of the waiting media where they can be consoled with claims of conspiracy theorists (a.k.a. fake news), and energized with their daily dose of hate.

For the record I'm convinced my brain is wired very differently, or at least those connections have been permanently damaged. I'm completely unable to muster up the slightest bit of hate or envy over much of anything anymore. It's all entertainment now, and reading the news is like reading about ancient history. It's not like we don't know how it ends.

"True connection and being in service to others are what give our lives meaning."

Very true. I learned that much later in life than I should have.
SORRY, I DIDNT TAKE THE PROGRAMMING... THANK GOD!
DOING MY DAMNEST TO KEEP THE KIDS FROM GETTIN IT AS WELL!
REALITY... IT DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR "TENDER FEELINS"
(04-07-2019, 09:56 PM)mason Wrote: For the record I'm convinced my brain is wired very differently, or at least those connections have been permanently damaged. I'm completely unable to muster up the slightest bit of hate or envy over much of anything anymore. It's all entertainment now, and reading the news is like reading about ancient history. It's not like we don't know how it ends.

I was bullied extensively through high school, and while I am not a big fan of bullying, the result of this has been a net positive for me. It took me a while to puzzle through what bullies want - of course, a reaction of submission from the one being bullied. A look of indifference humiliated them, and the bullying stopped. After a couple of times, I genuinely didn't care about them.

But the big payoff that I got was the realization that there exists a very small number of people for which I care what they think about me - and to ignore all the others. So the "scientific" advertising that tells me that my neighbours will all think that I am a loser if I don't go on fancy vacations, have a boat, or the latest iPhone just doesn't work.
(05-08-2019, 10:18 PM)brunt Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 09:56 PM)mason Wrote: For the record I'm convinced my brain is wired very differently, or at least those connections have been permanently damaged. I'm completely unable to muster up the slightest bit of hate or envy over much of anything anymore. It's all entertainment now, and reading the news is like reading about ancient history. It's not like we don't know how it ends.

I was bullied extensively through high school, and while I am not a big fan of bullying, the result of this has been a net positive for me. It took me a while to puzzle through what bullies want - of course, a reaction of submission from the one being bullied. A look of indifference humiliated them, and the bullying stopped. After a couple of times, I genuinely didn't care about them.

But the big payoff that I got was the realization that there exists a very small number of people for which I care what they think about me - and to ignore all the others. So the "scientific" advertising that tells me that my neighbours will all think that I am a loser if I don't go on fancy vacations, have a boat, or the latest iPhone just doesn't work.

I was bullied pretty seriously through about the 8th grade. I had speech problems that got worse when there was too much noise. For some of the kids, I was a major source of entertainment. Then I discovered I was bigger and stronger than they were, and I didn't need to speak normally to throw a punch. It was a mixed bag, since I would end up crying after beating some poor kid into the dirt, some kind of programmed adrenaline response maybe. 

That seems like a million years ago. Hard to believe it would be a major contributor to how I think and act today, but there's no denying I'm a pretty unusual character IRL. At least I got rid of the speech issues. Now I can blurt out whatever nutty idea comes to mind without actually sounding like one.
(05-09-2019, 08:56 PM)mason Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 10:18 PM)brunt Wrote:

I was bullied pretty seriously through about the 8th grade. I had speech problems that got worse when there was too much noise. For some of the kids, I was a major source of entertainment. Then I discovered I was bigger and stronger than they were, and I didn't need to speak normally to throw a punch. It was a mixed bag, since I would end up crying after beating some poor kid into the dirt, some kind of programmed adrenaline response maybe. 

That seems like a million years ago. Hard to believe it would be a major contributor to how I think and act today, but there's no denying I'm a pretty unusual character IRL. At least I got rid of the speech issues. Now I can blurt out whatever nutty idea comes to mind without actually sounding like one.

Great stories,

to which I can relate.

Turns out us weird ones are very important to Society!