OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEASONS GREETINGS FROM DA GOLD DESK!
SEASONS GREETINGS FROM DA GOLD DESK!

Gold?  I am still waiting on DA DESK!!!!!  Ikea don't fail me now!!!!

Well, hopefully everyone had a great Christmas, Hannauka, and other assorted designer holidays which have already happened or are coming up SOON!

aka Kwanza.  Or, BOWLMANIA if you are in Alabama.

What to say about gold?

Ok, well, it's still shiny and yellow!

In fact, my FAVORITE shiny and yellow thing that is NOT part of a fake Russian Dossier!

Gold has caught a bid.

So has silver.

What I like to do is think that BOTH will move together.  So, look at the gold charts and the silver charts and see which one works best.

Right now I am focusing more on Da Gold Charts.

Cuz I can extrapolate the ancient, long-term charts, I can give you some potential wave counts for the future, BUT you gotta figure out the near term first.

So, here is a gold chart:

[Image: au0730lf_ma.gif]

Ok: so there is a lot of overlap here... what that means is, that no matter WHAT the count, you are in some time of corrective cycle.

My bigger count was, ok, gold is in rally mode here, but that bear market that started at GOLD $1,930 could still be in force.  So, that top in 2011 or 2012 should still hold for awhile.

So, the count I liked THE MOST at that point was somewhere inside a corrective Wave 4 up still inside that larger bear market.  So, using this chart, you can call for A up, B down, and, now, is C up in force?

Really messy moves in metals the last few years.  Tough to count, tough to trade.

For C up here is a decent count, and now the one that I like.

See that $1,160 line on that chart?

The move below that, I guess it started at $1,100ish.  So, that is A up.  A included a-b-c-d-e up which took gold above $1,240 to possibly $1,275...  not sure what the exact prices were.

Then, B down to somewhere below that $1,240 line.

C up to $1,330ish is where I think it went.

I locked in a few ounces at $1,289 either right before that last pop up or just after it.  

D down to $1,240.

A running upside triangle wedge-type pattern.

Now, E up of C of 4 is in force.

Should go AT LEAST to the high of wave A so at least $1,400.

I am thinking more like $1,500.

Now gold is at $1,284ish.  

So, still some upside.

A quick panic move would take gold there by late January at the earliest.  Maybe March.  Maybe later in the year.

From there, Primary 5 down to $888 to END Cycle 2 in gold.

CYCLE 3 up target prices include $3,000 to $3,500.

But, we aren't there yet...

The EW/Prechter literature says that E waves are similar to wave 5's, and sometimes even better than the real thing.

So, Wave E up in gold should be fun!

I am gonna say it will have an internal five wave advance although they COULD overlap.  So, maybe a-b-c-d-e.

The LAST C top of Wave 4 counter-trend up ended in the spring of 1988 after the infamous 1987 crash.

During the crash, gold ROSE initially, then fell with everything else as traders raised cash to meet margin calls with the Spring 1988 high coming in just over $500, maybe $575.

Newmont Mining actually had a nice run up in early/mid 1987.  

So, if this Wave E unfolds more slowly then the bulk of this move up occurs from early 2018 to early 2019.

With stocks/Cryptos headed towards potential late fall 2018 blow outs you can see how gold would make a nice hedge for next year.

Ummm, coins:  Coin mag I just signed up for says that the TOP issues by the US Mint are doing well but the gimmicky shit ain't doing so hot...

So, top-heavy.  

You can probably stick to junk coins and Silver Eagles.  Other than that, you probably aren't missing much.

GPL: Nice mining stock I haven't traded in a while, but I think the $1.10ish low was a good, tradeable low.  Now, above $1.30.  Let's see what happens here.  A decent pullback here but holding that low would be BULLISH going in to 2018.

Stocks: DJIA has subdivided the shit out of itself.  Could see a classic January top.

If so, then we get a March LOW.

Gold joins Bitcoin next year as an ALT TRADE that is, not the US Dollar.  Not stocks either.  Bonds go down in flames.

Election coverage: I will get to 2020 in a minute but 2024 is shaping up to be a steel cage, loser leave town grudge match between Ivanka Trump and Michelle Obama to become the FIRST, uh, "woman" president of the North American Union or whatever the fuck this place is by then.

2020 Presidential Power Poll:

1. Donald Trump

2. Jim Webb  -- I own the jimwebb2020 domain names.

3. John McAfee -- Libertarian candidate in what could be a banner year for the ALT PARTY.

4.  Cory Booker

5. John Kasich

6.  Kirsten Gillebrand

7.  Marco Rubio

8.  Gavin Newsom

9.  Rand Paul

10. Bernie Sanders

11. Elizabeth Warren

12. Joseph P Kennedy III

13. Deval Patrick

14. Mark Cuban

15. Jeb Bush

15. Ted Cruz

16. Joe Biden

17. Doug Jones

18. Charles Barkley -- this concludes the Alabama portion of the 2020 POTUS  Power Poll

19. Julian Castro

20. Oprah

21. Michelle Obama

22. Ivanka Trump

23. Caroline Kennedy -- a sleeper VP pick

24. Ron Paul -- a write-in fav for 2020.

25. Martin O'Malley

da bear
It is way too early to be thinking about the 2020 elections.

[Image: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%...humb-3.jpg]
(12-29-2017, 04:09 AM)aqua Wrote: It is way too early to be thinking about the 2020 elections.

[Image: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%...humb-3.jpg]

The usual suspects will decide the election: Mr. G. Deepee. and Mrs. Dow Jones. 

I think the Libertarians get a record share of the vote in 2020.

The key to winning 2020 is to turn Trump into Jimmy Carter.  If I am Trump? Don't even MENTION your opponents -- just keep running against Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.  

Liz Warren? If I had wanted to vote for the first female battle axe president of a fading empire, I woulda voted for Maggie Thatcher!

da bear

VOTE DUH BARE!
(12-30-2017, 05:56 PM)da bear Wrote: The usual suspects will decide the election: Mr. G. Deepee. and Mrs. Dow Jones. 

I think the Libertarians get a record share of the vote in 2020.

The key to winning 2020 is to turn Trump into Jimmy Carter.  If I am Trump? Don't even MENTION your opponents -- just keep running against Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.  

Liz Warren? If I had wanted to vote for the first female battle axe president of a fading empire, I woulda voted for Maggie Thatcher!

da bear

VOTE DUH BARE!

I might disagree slightly. 

Big money will decide who runs for us. Confused 

[Image: dca756ed3d64556bfa1b81f1f4396298--politi...satire.jpg]
(12-27-2017, 06:08 PM)da bear Wrote: SEASONS GREETINGS FROM DA GOLD DESK!

Gold has caught a bid.

So has silver.

What I like to do is think that BOTH will move together.  So, look at the gold charts and the silver charts and see which one works best.

Cuz I can extrapolate the ancient, long-term charts, I can give you some potential wave counts for the future, BUT you gotta figure out the near term first.

Ok: so there is a lot of overlap here... what that means is, that no matter WHAT the count, you are in some time of corrective cycle.

My bigger count was, ok, gold is in rally mode here, but that bear market that started at GOLD $1,930 could still be in force.  So, that top in 2011 or 2012 should still hold for awhile.

So, the count I liked THE MOST at that point was somewhere inside a corrective Wave 4 up still inside that larger bear market.  So, using this chart, you can call for A up, B down, and, now, is C up in force?

Really messy moves in metals the last few years.  Tough to count, tough to trade.

The move below that, I guess it started at $1,100ish.  So, that is A up.  A included a-b-c-d-e up which took gold above $1,240 to possibly $1,275...  not sure what the exact prices were.

I locked in a few ounces at $1,289 either right before that last pop up or just after it.  

D down to $1,240.

So, still some upside.

A quick panic move would take gold there by late January at the earliest.  Maybe March.  Maybe later in the year.

The EW/Prechter literature says that E waves are similar to wave 5's, and sometimes even better than the real thing.

I am gonna say it will have an internal five wave advance although they COULD overlap.  So, maybe a-b-c-d-e.

The LAST C top of Wave 4 counter-trend up ended in the spring of 1988 after the infamous 1987 crash.

During the crash, gold ROSE initially, then fell with everything else as traders raised cash to meet margin calls with the Spring 1988 high coming in just over $500, maybe $575.....

So, if this Wave E unfolds more slowly then the bulk of this move up occurs from early 2018 to early 2019.

With stocks/Cryptos headed towards potential late fall 2018 blow outs you can see how gold would make a nice hedge for next year.

Ummm, coins:  Coin mag I just signed up for says that the TOP issues by the US Mint are doing well but the gimmicky shit ain't doing so hot...

So, top-heavy.  

You can probably stick to junk coins and Silver Eagles.  Other than that, you probably aren't missing much....

Gold joins Bitcoin next year as an ALT TRADE that is, not the US Dollar.  Not stocks either.  Bonds go down in flames.
When I looked this noon, gold was $1340.50 and silver $17.34.

So far, your prediction seems to be holding.

Gold at $888 seems unbelievable  right now.

But with a moron in the White House to destroy confidence in the dollar, I could see gold at $3500 somewhere down the road.
(01-15-2018, 07:01 PM)If aqua Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 06:08 PM)da bear Wrote: SEASONS GREETINGS FROM DA GOLD DESK!

Gold has caught a bid.

So has silver.

D down to $1,240.

So, still some upside.

During the crash, gold ROSE initially, then fell with everything else as traders raised cash to meet margin calls with the Spring 1988 high coming in just over $500, maybe $575.....

So, top-heavy.  

You can probably stick to junk coins and Silver Eagles.  Other than that, you probably aren't missing much....

When I looked this noon, gold was $1340.50 and silver $17.34.

So far, your prediction seems to be holding.

Gold at $888 seems unbelievable  right now.

But with a moron in the White House to destroy confidence in the dollar, I could see gold at $3500 somewhere down the road.

After this sucker rally, then a final low below $1,000 a cycle 3 high would be somewhere north of $3,000.  If not $3,000 fairly soon (3 to 5 years) then north of $5,000 by 2029/2030.

Turn date soon or today, so I would take some profits in stocks. Looking for a short term high here...

Bitcoin: watch the lows for the day. Cover shorts. Going back up... 

da bear
[Image: democraticunderground.jpg?x25207]
(01-18-2018, 04:28 PM)aqua Wrote: [Image: democraticunderground.jpg?x25207]

Yeah, think I would rather open a commodities trading account at Duke & Duke.

da bear
Even with a government shut down looming tomorrow, gold couldn't get above $1333 today.

[Image: gold.gif?0.20046378488977323]
(01-19-2018, 04:32 AM)aqua Wrote: Even with a government shut down looming tomorrow, gold couldn't get above $1333 today.

[Image: gold.gif?0.20046378488977323]

Gold took off like a rocket at $1,240 but is now up against something...

Could get ANYTHING here so one more tick up, a correction, then a higher high would be something to look for.  

Just an overlapping mess right now and in the recent past.

Silver might be easier to count... who knows...

PRECIOUS METALS in yer hands is the alternative to Vapor Assets like futures, ETF's, Fed blips, and Cryptos.

Other than that, you can buy an ounce of gold or ONE SOLITARY SHARE of Amazon for very nearly the same amount of money.  Think I would go with gold.

da bear