Tao Economics Forum

Full Version: Philadelphia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If ever you need a reason to vote Republican.
The left is saying he shouldn't have been shot because he has mental health reasons. Aren't all knife wielding maniacs mental? And why would that stop anyone let a lone a police officer from wanting to be stabbed.

Yeah, it would be great if there is another method to take them down like the bolowrap, but still. The reaction is not that of protesting, its an excuse to loot end of story. Even the family members are saying the police did the right thing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wrap-tech...00002.html

"We believe the BolaWrap will be an important tool for our deputies. Situations with noncompliant suspects, especially those who are mentally ill and during civil unrests, can get very complicated very quickly, as we’ve seen across the US in recent months. We all want positives outcomes from these situations and equipping our officers with the BolaWrap can help them simplify these situations by safely ending the encounter before it escalates to where higher levels of force may be required.”
Quote:The left is saying he shouldn't have been shot because he has mental health reasons

Like as if the beat cop has time to leaf through the guy's medical file while he's running toward him wielding a knife.
(10-31-2020, 12:05 AM)andrew_o Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The left is saying he shouldn't have been shot because he has mental health reasons

Like as if the beat cop has time to leaf through the guy's medical file while he's running toward him wielding a knife.

so if they DID "leaf thru it and find out his medical history"

would the cops have been ANY LESS CUT by his knife??????

I'm thinking that did not take away their right to self defense.
as my wife says "even an amoeba will try to defend itself".
(10-31-2020, 01:55 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2020, 12:05 AM)andrew_o Wrote: [ -> ]

so if they DID "leaf thru it and find out his medical history"

would the cops have been ANY LESS CUT by his knife??????

I'm thinking that did not take away their right to self defense.
as my wife says "even an amoeba will try to defend itself".

I lived for years with an in-law with mental health issues. Much older than myself, but once the extent of the illness became clear, I told my wife in no uncertain terms that I will do "whatever it takes" to keep us safe during the more unstable periods. Fortunately, it never came to that.

So many bleeding hearts seem to have absolutely zero clue what it is like around a mentally ill person 24/7. Even those who can fool the majority of the people into thinking that they are OK (which was our case), will inevitably descend into variable degrees of violent delusions. And it is worse when they are unsupervised, because there is pretty well a 100% chance that they will go off of their meds at some point, and they will not go back on voluntarily.

I understand the cops 100% here, even if they did know of the history.
All this is ginned up for political purposes. They all know perfectly well the cops did the right thing to shoot this guy but:

1) There's a whole bunch of thugs out there who basically want to have a little fun on the streets

2) Others want to steal stuff from Walmart

3) The Democrats and the media they control want to bend it into a false narrative to remove Trump. Somehow. Anyhow.
(10-31-2020, 06:27 PM)andrew_o Wrote: [ -> ]All this is ginned up for political purposes. They all know perfectly well the cops did the right thing to shoot this guy but:

1) There's a whole bunch of thugs out there who basically want to have a little fun on the streets

2) Others want to steal stuff from Walmart

3) The Democrats and the media they control want to bend it into a false narrative to remove Trump. Somehow. Anyhow.

Point 3 is the biggie. For four years now, the flimsiest of accusations have been thrust into our faces, one after the other. Sure some may have had traction, had there basically been more than the oft-repeated case of zero evidence presented.

If you are going to make serious accusations about someone, pick a small number of the worst offences for which you have in hand bulletproof evidence. Then go public with those very limited things. But a succession of scattershot alarmism has caused myself and other to just click "next" when these things come up now.

Crying wolf, you mean?