Tao Economics Forum

Full Version: Bloomberg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think you may be right Mason

The torturer always says he's doing it for our own good.
Bloomberg was the name of the red wagon in Citizen Kane right?

da bear
Guess Bloomberg didn't do well in the debate last night. Bernie is tearing ahead. If the recession (a.k.a. stock market crash) happens before the election, we could have a communist president next year.
(02-20-2020, 12:20 PM)mason Wrote: [ -> ]Guess Bloomberg didn't do well in the debate last night. Bernie is tearing ahead. If the recession (a.k.a. stock market crash) happens before the election, we could have a communist president next year.

I only saw half the debate but I was quite taken back by

1. how ignored Bloomberg was
2. how effectively torn apart he was by the other candidates
3. how poor of a public speaker he seemed in general - and haggardly looking
4. but MAINLY (I know this is petty) but by how BAD HIS TEETH ARE!!

I thought this guy had some money? I normally only see teeth like that in those who can't afford a Dentist.
one of my pet peeves, of which I'm very Proud and which is why I provide good dental care for my employees (I've spent well over a quarter million dollars with my local dentist providing dental care for my employees over last 40 years, most of whom would never have seen a dentist otherwise).

did anyone else notice the pedestal the lady on the far right was standing on??
why they let artificial fake props like that in?
I didn't watch the debate, just checked the betting sites this morning and saw Bloomberg lost big. NY and VA being so close, and so intertwined, I've had many years to learn to despise Bloomberg. Funny about his bad teeth. I bet he subscribes to a stereo type about men with bad teeth, given that he subscribes to so many others.
(02-20-2020, 02:08 PM)mason Wrote: [ -> ]...just checked the betting sites this morning and saw Bloomberg lost big

Ah smart man! That's a better analysis than any talking head on TV.

The debate was an awful spectacle - only one better than mud wrestling. Tacky insults flying around. God it was nasty!

But I think most people miss the point about Bloomberg:

He doesn't need to 'win' these debates because he can buy the DNC. He's blown over 400 million on advertising so far. He can walking into the committee, chuck half a billion on the table and get the candidacy.

He's their best candidate by far:

> He's not a commie like Sanders

>He's not tainted with corruption like Biden

>He's actually managed something significant, unlike all the other nonentities

>He has the potential for broad appeal - because he's not adopted any of the insane policies like socialized medical care and open borders like the others have. In fact he has no policies so far!

In the deep recessed of the coastal liberals minds is the acknowledgment that 'stop & frisk' worked. It took thousands of illegal guns off the street and who the fuck cares if a few blacks got bend out of shape over that? It saved lives. It saves black lives too. Of course that thought would never get voiced in public but in the voting booth it would guide them: He's a safe pair of hands. A viable alternative the DJT.
Andrew, all you say may be true, but until he drops that half billion on the table his chances are nil. It's still Bernie's to lose.
No, your ad blocker is not broken if you are wondering while you watch this video:

The Bloomberg Machine is overrated.  

Discuss.

da bear
Brunt - I'm dying here!

Great toon!

(02-20-2020, 11:17 PM)mason Wrote: [ -> ]Andrew, all you say may be true, but until he drops that half billion on the table his chances are nil. It's still Bernie's to lose.

I would LOVE Bernie to be the candidate. It would be akin to Labour's recent rout in the UK - its would destroy the democrats for decades.

Watch Bloomberg drop that half billion on the table - and claim it all as deductible
Pages: 1 2 3 4