{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MANDATORY VIEWING
It's a TED talk. Only about half an hour long.

There are so many truths in this, it hurts. (I've already read his book on the topic)

Enjoy!
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
No comments?

I am surprised
Can't argue with any of that. Young people do seem to be detached from understanding how things work--it's more than that: they don't EXPECT to be able to understand how things work. It's like that saying about any sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic--so many people today seem to view themselves as surrounded by magic.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
"Learned helplessness"

Society definitely seems more narcissistic to me these days.
It's what their parents told them to do. Influenced by the distorted view through the media.
This reminds me of something I've been thinking about for quite a while. I build things, always have. I used to quite enjoy threads on previous forums most of us visited such as Daily Reckoning, da Bears Message Board, etc. when respondents showed off various projects they had done such as customized scooters, woodworking projects, etc. I've been thinking about showing off some of my work such as when I gutted the interior of my 27' sloop, glassed in new structural members and rebuilt the cabin in blonde Burmese teak and enameled pine. My big problem is posting my personal photos on Tao. If someone could give me a few pointers on doing this then I will quite enjoy strutting my stuff.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
I would love to see your handiwork!

You need to save your photos to a free photo server like photobucket and then link them in.
MOST YOUNG FOLKS COULDN'T POUR PISS OUT OF A BOOT IF THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE EMBOSSED ON THE HEEL...
(05-28-2017, 01:13 AM)Innocynic Wrote: This reminds me of something I've been thinking about for quite a while.  I build things, always have.  I used to quite enjoy threads on previous forums most of us visited such as Daily Reckoning, da Bears Message Board, etc. when respondents showed off various projects they had done such as customized scooters, woodworking projects, etc.  I've been thinking about showing off some of my work such as when I gutted the interior of my 27' sloop, glassed in new structural members and rebuilt the cabin in blonde Burmese teak and enameled pine.  My big problem is posting my personal photos on Tao.  If someone could give me a few pointers on doing this then I will quite enjoy strutting my stuff.

good plan,

you need have the photo hosted somewhere ELSE on the net,
then when posting here click the icon (near middle top) that says "insert an image" when you hover over it, then paste the address.

OR SOMETIMES just "copy image" from where it is hosted, then do a simple paste here, and it will work.
USE "Preview Post" to check, then change things until it shows properly.

HERE is an artistic Monster that my sons and I did from junk in the back creek.
(Google selected is as a Artistic INGRESS Portal for one of their online games)
http://ingressportal.com/artwork/

[Image: 1011754_660778183935719_392155308_n.jpg?...e=599B864C]