OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why your data is never going to be safe
John McAfee took over a company called GMT and is doing some really cool security projects.

[Image: ?format=500w]

http://www.mgtci.com/dvasive 

The other one is like the old days of Napster and IRC but all completely anonymous and encrypted.

You can download it and try it for yourself here: https://www.demonsaw.com
I figure it's not MY data the hackers are getting. Any data I wanted protected would rarely be exposed to any network. Regular finances, minor political complaints on social media, a few vises not entirely legal, are all things I leave exposed to whoever has the skills to collect. Consider that you can't hide under a thick coat in a world where everyone around you is naked.

On D-Vasive, I wouldn't expect anything produced by McAffee to be reliable protection against anything but smooth operation of your device.
[Image: 03-22-2018-mcfadden915px.png?1521768258]
I see no reason to get my knickers in a twist over this.

Have my data - I don't care.

Moral: Don't do or say anything on the internet you might later be ashamed of.
[Image: vector-insano-del-robot-64521521.jpg]
(03-28-2018, 04:20 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I see no reason to get my knickers in a twist over this.

1.  Difficult to predict what circumstances could arise where someone could use something against you later.
2.  The point on the article was that EVERYTHING you do with any company may well end up on the internet, without you putting it there.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(04-24-2018, 09:34 PM)Herring Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 04:20 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I see no reason to get my knickers in a twist over this.

1.  Difficult to predict what circumstances could arise where someone could use something against you later.
2.  The point on the article was that EVERYTHING you do with any company may well end up on the internet, without you putting it there.

and don't fool yourself,

EVEN IF YOU never use the internet nor a smart phone ETC.

Most/MUCH info about your life IS ON THE INTERNET

I found that a bit hard to believe, JUST for a minute,
then they explained that the Government and most all private companies (and people) PUT YOUR INFO on the net

HECK, Nobody even has to purposely choose to put your info on the net,
COMPUTERS do it, by DEFAULT - think Facial Recognition

For example (one SMALL ONE) my restaurant trade magazines advertise POS systems that can greet an incoming customer BY NAME and offer him his regular drink/food, even if he's never been into your place before and even if HE has never used an electronic device in his life. (one of his past restaurant's entered that info onto the Cloud)

even heard of this SHOW???????????
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/
Privacy has always been an illusion; it's certainly not a right. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a restaurant bot recognize me as I walked in and have my favorite drink ready when I got to my table.

Anyway, the software behind the data collection is still pretty bad. For example, my daughter uses my Amazon prime account to order stuff that she has delivered to her dorm, complete with address and name. She has her own room, so it's obvious who that stuff is going to, but it's my FB account that posts advertisements relative to the stuff she buys. That's piss poor programming IMO. They must be hiring millennials. If I'm ever arrested, I expect the first thing the cops will want to know about is my interest in women's underwear.
[Image: 1*G-k0MiHxQwdITuMCzYtSNw.gif][Image: 1*nXKlAojhQvGNc7U4Nrtc8g.png]
Once again, I think Mark Bryan has captured the mood of the times with his art.

[Image: MBryan-The-New-Normal.jpg]