{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunglasses for Visa Contactless payments!
http://www.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/tech...73550.html

The world is going mad.  What happens when you lose them?  People aren't buying things every moment of every day that they need this stuff, surely? Some of us still prefer to use cash. Who does contactless serve anyway?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(03-17-2017, 03:55 AM)silverfish Wrote: http://www.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/tech...73550.html

The world is going mad.  What happens when you lose them?  People aren't buying things every moment of every day that they need this stuff, surely?  Some of us still prefer to use cash. Who does contactless serve anyway?

while the Sunglasses seems a bad/weird way to do it,
whilst I prefer CASH also, fighting electronic payments is a losing proposition.    so.................

I personally LOVE contactless payment at MY business
even though they are still very rare.

I've a guy who uses his WATCH, one guy with an implant, many with phones
Might be different HERE (USA) than you are used to

HERE they forced us all to change from the 5 seconds of swipe cards, to the CHIP Cards which take AT LEAST 30 seconds!!!!! for just one problem, (think of the forgotten lost cards when a hectic register area requires possession of card for so long - for example)

CONTRAST that with the (Rare) Contactless payment which litterally takes ONCE SECOND and never ever has a back charge threat against me.
tell me which busy shop owner would not LOVE THAT?
The contactless credit cards are pretty common here. I cannot think of a single store that does not take them. The only limiting factory that I have seen is that there is often a dollar limit - only good for under $50 or $100.

The chip cards are ubiquitous. Canada changed over probably about two years ago. We had two cards fail within the first six months, but have been OK since then.

The sunglasses seem like a pretty stupid interface to me - pick the single item that people lose most often. It is only good if you like to play David Caruso:

[Image: 200.gif#0]