{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine
This is one creepy article.  It might be time to completely anonomize oneself or at least completely drop from Social media.

https://scout.ai/story/the-rise-of-the-w...da-machine
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Big Grin

If all that is true, the world will be a radically different place by 2020--with four years to improve the technology and set up servers to run millions of bots, whoever has the better system will be guaranteed to win.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
Cynical geezer that I am I have to wonder if the posted article might itself be manipulative propaganda. I more and more often feel that the 1960s hippies and Timothy Leary might have got one thing right. That was the advice to drop out. I wouldn't go completely off grid, but I could easily stay off the internet, stop the newspapers and magazines, get my reading materials from the library and Borders and avoid a lot of stress, fake news and bull shit.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
(02-22-2017, 02:50 AM)Innocynic Wrote: Cynical geezer that I am I have to wonder if the posted article might itself be manipulative propaganda.  I more and more often feel that the 1960s hippies and Timothy Leary might have got one thing right.  That was the advice to drop out.  I wouldn't go completely off grid, but I could easily stay off the internet, stop the newspapers and magazines, get my reading materials from the library and Borders and avoid a lot of stress, fake news and bull shit.

Yes.  we might need to revisit the drop out part again.  Sounds healthy.
(02-22-2017, 01:27 PM)StingingNettle Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 02:50 AM)Innocynic Wrote: Cynical geezer that I am I have to wonder if the posted article might itself be manipulative propaganda.  I more and more often feel that the 1960s hippies and Timothy Leary might have got one thing right.  That was the advice to drop out.  I wouldn't go completely off grid, but I could easily stay off the internet, stop the newspapers and magazines, get my reading materials from the library and Borders and avoid a lot of stress, fake news and bull shit.

except the magic of this AI system is, it doesn't depend on anyone, only an average of many (not even most).

and those who drop out are still strong affected by society (as many have shown)
and supposedly, society is controlled by this "Weaponized AI".
The most likely explanation was that an especially energetic cosmic radiation penetrated the radiation shielding surrounding the computer and flipped the bit.

This fake news AI bot that produces these videos is really good at what it does.
\
(02-22-2017, 02:26 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 01:27 PM)StingingNettle Wrote:

except the magic of this AI system is, it doesn't depend on anyone, only an average of many (not even most).

and those who drop out are still strong affected by society (as many have shown)
and supposedly, society is controlled by this "Weaponized AI".

Good point. It does seem like a chicken and the egg thing. What came first? The thoughts of the people or the AI propaganda?
What's going to be interesting is when competing weaponized AI propaganda systems
start turning on each other.

A foretaste of just that (on a much smaller and much more primitive scale) is already
happening over at Wikipedia:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...-war-study

Study reveals bot-on-bot editing wars raging on Wikipedia's pages
www.theguardian.com
Over time, the encyclopedia’s software robots can become locked in combat, undoing each other’s edits and changing links, say researchers

"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
4Chan is well known for their practical jokes.

This AI bot picked up on one practical joke.

This fake news AI bot is really good at what it does.
\