OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Life vs Pro-Birth
A Catholic nun's explanation of the term "pro-life" from 2004 is resurfacing after recent antiabortion events. On PBS's Now With Bill Moyers, Sister Joan Chittister explained why being against abortion doesn't mean you're pro-life. Here's the full quote: "I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. 

http://www.popsugar.com/news/Catholic-Nu...n-43096831
(02-20-2017, 06:18 PM)ModestProposals Wrote: A Catholic nun's explanation of the term "pro-life" from 2004 is resurfacing after recent antiabortion events. On PBS's Now With Bill Moyers, Sister Joan Chittister explained why being against abortion doesn't mean you're pro-life. Here's the full quote: "I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. 

http://www.popsugar.com/news/Catholic-Nu...n-43096831

combo of two EVIL ways of thinking

ONE; perfection being the enemy of the good
iow you think a life born that is not up to YOUR standards is not worth being born- even even deserves to be killed

and
TWO: entitlement thinking, if YOU don't support me and my baby then you hate us - or worse

NOT only are both of the above WRONG
they are of the GREATEST EVILS the DEVIL has ever given humanity
no wonder, some Nuns and NPR and DR like their way of justifying Murder!!!!!!!!!
using evil to justify evil, who'd a thunk it ever could have been possible
they'd a burnt that Nun at the stake throughout most of human history
Any time some one tells me they are pro-life I ask them what all they did to try to stop the USA from beginning our war of aggression in Iraq in 2003 to save the many tens of thousands of lives including including innocent children and fetuses in the wombs that war killed.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
(02-21-2017, 02:07 AM)Innocynic Wrote: Any time some one tells me they are pro-life I ask them what all they did to try to stop the USA from beginning our war of aggression in Iraq in 2003 to save the many tens of thousands of lives including including innocent children and fetuses in the wombs that war killed.

ones' belief compared to their actions,

some times that might be a good point to bring up,

BUT to be consistent, do you ask "pro-choice" people if they actually help perform abortions??
or do you save your "what all they did to......." for JUST ONE side of this issue?