{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this story true?
https://trc.taboola.com/dailymail-uk/log...b4gBzMPGAQ

Can this really happen or is it a made up story?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
The story appears to have some truth to it, given the number of major papers covering it: search results from duckduckgo.

While the police certainly could have done some more, it really is a civil matter at this point in time - the current "owner" has all the appearances of being the legitimate owner. And until such time as it can be shown that a criminal act has been committed, it shall remain a civil matter. At the very least, it would be trivial to issue an order to put a hold on the renovations.

The good reverend should indeed see his solicitor to get this sorted out post haste. It should be a simple matter for him to prove that he, and not the opportunistic seller, was the true owner of the property at the time of its supposed sale.
Something similar happened in Melbourne. In this case, a con-woman transferred a title to a property from a person who was not deemed competent.

I bought an apartment to house my Mother in the UK. The whole transaction was done remotely with a conveyancing company. They were totally useless and the whole thing took forever, despite the fact that there was no mortgage involved.

Australia has a streamlined process, generally the conveyancers I have used have been excellent. I did do my own conveyancing a few years ago when I was strapped for cash, the biggest problem was the legal assistant for the bank I was dealing with, big 4 accounting company, bloody useless. I learnt a lot from that process and how it's all smoke and mirrors to make it look complex and therefore *expensive*.