OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$1944 New High For Gold
Wink  A vote of no confidence if ever there was one.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/investing...index.html

Gold price hits record high on new fears for the economy

By Hanna Ziady, CNN Business

Updated 9:02 AM ET, Mon July 27, 2020

"London (CNN Business)Gold prices have soared to a record high, with investors rushing to find safe places to park their money as concerns grow about a resurgence in the coronavirus and the impact that could have on the global economy.

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier on Monday, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011. It has now gained about 27% so far this year. Silver also got a boost, climbing more than 6% to reach $24.21 an ounce, eclipsing Thursday's seven-year high.

"Gold is the clear beneficiary of safe haven demand," Stephen Innes, chief global markets strategist at AxiCorp, said in a research note. And the record run may not be over yet. Analysts at UBS expect gold to reach $2,000 before the end of the year, driven higher by low US interest rates, a weaker dollar and tension between the United States and China. ...."
(07-27-2020, 07:13 PM)aqua Wrote: Wink  A vote of no confidence if ever there was one.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/investing...index.html

Gold price hits record high on new fears for the economy

By Hanna Ziady, CNN Business

Updated 9:02 AM ET, Mon July 27, 2020

"London (CNN Business)Gold prices have soared to a record high, with investors rushing to find safe places to park their money as concerns grow about a resurgence in the coronavirus and the impact that could have on the global economy.

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier on Monday, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011. It has now gained about 27% so far this year. Silver also got a boost, climbing more than 6% to reach $24.21 an ounce, eclipsing Thursday's seven-year high.

"Gold is the clear beneficiary of safe haven demand," Stephen Innes, chief global markets strategist at AxiCorp, said in a research note. And the record run may not be over yet. Analysts at UBS expect gold to reach $2,000 before the end of the year, driven higher by low US interest rates, a weaker dollar and tension between the United States and China. ...."
Bottom line : printing too much money by central banks around world... And now is paying back time... 
And it's just the beginning for Gold bull's run...
Just wish there was ba fricken dip so I could put more in. Having a bad case of FOMO.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
(07-27-2020, 07:13 PM)aqua Wrote: Wink  A vote of no confidence if ever there was one.

I take it as a given that the your sentiment was the same the last time a peak was seen in the price. You know, in 2011 during Obama's administration?

Your partisanship is showing.
(07-29-2020, 12:29 PM)brunt Wrote:

I take it as a given that the your sentiment was the same the last time a peak was seen in the price. You know, in 2011 during Obama's administration?

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes  Your own bias is showing.

You assume it is a vote of no confidence in the President, and not the banks/capitalist system/or the economy in general.
(07-29-2020, 12:48 PM)aqua Wrote:

You assume it is a vote of no confidence in the President, and not the banks/capitalist system/or the economy in general.

Of course we assume that!! That's all you ever post!! A constant barge of stupid trump cartoons in every thread! You have one of the worst cases of TDS I have ever seen.
(07-29-2020, 03:22 PM)StingingNettle Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:48 PM)aqua Wrote:

Of course we assume that!!  That's all you ever post!! A constant barge of stupid trump cartoons in every thread!  You have one of the worst cases of TDS I have ever seen.

How many 'toons did I have in this thread ? ? Cool
When I checked on Kitco yesterday, the gold price happened to be $1971 ...

... bit of a telling note to it ...
(08-01-2020, 04:22 PM)Finster Wrote: When I checked on Kitco yesterday, the gold price happened to be $1971 ...

I have a bit of an uncanny desire to get up and close the window for some reason. Odd...
(08-01-2020, 04:22 PM)Finster Wrote: When I checked on Kitco yesterday, the gold price happened to be $1971 ...

Pushed thru $2,000 yesterday while I slept. Smile