OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But Covid-19 is only 1% Fatal
Smile Smile
For the folks who think Covid-19 is only 1% Fatal.

https://www.boredpanda.com/1-percent-mor...gn=organic

[Image: 1-5f0c62a2d2e1e__700.jpg]

[Image: 2-5f0c62a7bb9ab__700.jpg]
[Image: 3-5f0c62aa59a0d__700.jpg]

[Image: 4-5f0c62ad11b0d__700.jpg]

[Image: 5-5f0c62af49972__700.jpg]
[Image: 6-5f0c62b15beef__700.jpg]
so if the economy gets shut down ANY Ways - as the article says "we do it OR covid will",

why bother doing it ourselves? that seems just NUTZ.

I mean, it's a good explanation of why it might not matter, but in NO WAY is an argument for why we should hurt ourselves (shutting down) before some time later MAYBE covid WILL shut us down instead.

I mean, really, why the hell should we hurt ourSELVES to keep something else from claiming responsibility for hurting us?
My morality says, OUR duty is to to RIGHT and let other evil entities (from nature to disease etc) take responsibility for it's badness, --  don't be expecting ME to be the bringer of bad.
Talk about neglecting the "law of large numbers". Herd immunity is around 15%, EVERYONE will not get COVID-19 (at least not without a vaccine). In previous "pandemics" like the flu every year, herd immunity is achieved mostly through the normal interactions of healthy people. The lock downs and mask edicts (assuming masks work at all) are interfering with that, and causing more people to die.
(07-27-2020, 01:08 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: so if the economy gets shut down ANY Ways - as the article says "we do it OR covid will",

why bother doing it ourselves? that seems just NUTZ.

I mean, it's a good explanation of why it might not matter, but in NO WAY is an argument for why we should hurt ourselves (shutting down) before some time later MAYBE covid WILL shut us down instead.

I mean, really, why the hell should we hurt ourSELVES to keep something else from claiming responsibility for hurting us?
My morality says, OUR duty is to to RIGHT and let other evil entities (from nature to disease etc) take responsibility for it's badness, --  don't be expecting ME to be the bringer of bad.

I believe the original idea behind the shut down was to buy time to build  a system  that could deal with the pandemic.

Sadly, that opportunity was pissed away by someone who thought it would just go away if we ignored it.