OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone believe coins just dissapeared?????
You guys know I play down a lot of conspiracy theories, (even tho I do believe some are possible)

but HERE is one I've no doubt is truly a purposeful conspiracy of evil.

there is just NO DAMN WAY metal coins just dissapeared - banks are claiming "NONE" available, NOT just rationing a low inventory and NATION WIDE and for WEEKS NOW.

I call BULLSHIT
they can't even come up with a decent excuse cover story,
claiming customers don't spend coins so we don't get them, well if they don't SPEND, then they don't NEED them as change!! duh
claiming the newly opening businesses demanded too many, well DUH, did they flush the ones they had down the drain when they CLOSED earlier??????
claiming a production slow down when employees were sick at the  mint, BULL, this country has had SUPER high inventories of coins for decades - other than specific situations when changing metal prices (NOT applicable now).

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...n+shortage

they just plain pushing that cashless agenda
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it's the super rich elite taking advantage of the crisis to get their 3% of non cash transactions.
MONEY & GREED is a powerful motivator - and now that these swamp monsters control most our Government look for more fraud TRICKS Like this!
Around my neck of the woods, I think Coinstar collects most of the small change from the public.  But people have been staying home a lot, so the machines don't recycle back what they normally would.

Have also heard the mints are not working at full capacity because of covid.
(07-12-2020, 11:09 AM)aqua Wrote: Around my neck of the woods, I think Coinstar collects most of the small change from the public.  But people have been staying home a lot, so the machines don't recycle back what they normally would.

of course IF that were true, they'd be buying online (no coin change needed to give back to them) OR not going to local stores (meaning again, no coin needed to give back to them) ALL this lack of need for coins means a "coin shortage"? I call bull

Have also heard the mints are not working at full capacity because of covid.

the mints require very few employees, have historically always had massive stock piles, the supposed shortage started immediately upon shut down, AND the "not full capacity" is giving us ZERO coins, not a lessor rationed amount. and with many stores closed, why can't the rest of us get a FEW coins????
IOW, I still call bullshit.
I've got a half full five gallon jug of them in my closet.

Too bad I don't live near you Dave, I'd bring them to you.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
(07-16-2020, 01:16 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote: I've got a half full five gallon jug of them in my closet.

Too bad I don't live near you Dave, I'd bring them to you.

appreciate the thought,

SOME body on this board kept advocating "buy nickels"

SO I have enough nickels and pennies for years,

the dimes and quarters in that jug would last me a day, or two - we do a LOT of cash transactions.
being creative and it's working so far...........

did I mention what happened last time I asked for "just a few rolls of dimes" at the Bank last time.

After hearing "we have NO rolls of change for the last couple weeks"
THIS time I pressed the cashier, "come on, you really don't have ANY!?"

this teller, who just sold me $1000 in ones, and $1000 in fives, and has waited on me for YEARS,

said QUOTE   "well, actually I do, but I'm saving them for CUSTOMERS".
AS my heart pounded, I calmly asked "and I'm really not a customer"?
she responded "no, I mean McDONALDS Restaurant, Not YOUR Restaurant".
NOW I lost my temper and pulled out my phone, set video camera and YELLED "YOU Have dimes that you won't sell a little independent restaurant because you are saving them for McDonalds restaurants"!!!!!

first she said yes, but then said "oh, I didn't realize you were a customer, I can sell you a couple rolls"
I bought them said "thank you" and got to work to find my businesses social media bombarded by people calling ME Evil because I "yelled" at the "poor cashier".

Life is crazy in Covid times! but NOT BORING
(07-16-2020, 02:00 AM)DaveGillie Wrote:
did I mention what happened last time I asked for "just a few rolls of dimes" at the Bank last time.

After hearing "we have NO rolls of change for the last couple weeks"
THIS time I pressed the cashier, "come on, you really don't have ANY!?"

this teller, who just sold me $1000 in ones, and $1000 in fives, and has waited on me for YEARS,

said QUOTE   "well, actually I do, but I'm saving them for CUSTOMERS".
AS my heart pounded, I calmly asked "and I'm really not a customer"?
she responded "no, I mean McDONALDS Restaurant, Not YOUR Restaurant".
NOW I lost my temper and pulled out my phone, set video camera and YELLED "YOU Have dimes that you won't sell a little independent restaurant because you are saving them for McDonalds restaurants"!!!!!

first she said yes, but then said "oh, I didn't realize you were a customer, I can sell you a couple rolls"
I bought them said "thank you" and got to work to find my businesses social media bombarded by people calling ME Evil because I "yelled" at the "poor cashier".

Life is crazy in Covid times! but NOT BORING

Smile  She didn't realize you were a customer.  That's a good one.

Dare we ask the name of this bank ?

I hate dimes myself.  Too small and easy to lose.  I would rather have 2 nickels back in change myself.
(07-16-2020, 11:56 AM)aqua Wrote: Smile  She didn't realize you were a customer.  That's a good one.

Dare we ask the name of this bank ?

I hate dimes myself.  Too small and easy to lose.  I would rather have 2 nickels back in change myself.

oh I run across that comment a lot when I buy change from banks - because I get full boxes, and they serve 99% of their "customers" just a few coins at a time, they visualize me taking all their coins that they could use for THOSE many customers instead. SO they just auto retort "I have to save them for customers".

That wasn't an issue for me THIS TIME, it was me finding out later, that she was prioritizing a Super rich huge international corporation above the little guy (YET AGAIN).

The name: The State Bank
https://www.thestatebank.com/

Just a little local one, that IRONICALLY advertising heavily that they're here to support the local little merchants while claiming the big name banks only support the big guys!!!!!!

and yes, if this keeps up, customers will be getting LOTS of nickels instead of dimes and quarters.

I've heard some very interesting stories about how other businesses are dealing with this coin shortage.
(07-16-2020, 12:29 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: and yes, if this keeps up, customers will be getting LOTS of nickels instead of dimes and quarters.

I've heard some very interesting stories about how other businesses are dealing with this coin shortage.

Back to the future with plastic tokens ?

[Image: 5d28f4464dcb31e2a0a27db2448e1208.jpg]

Or wooden nickels ?

[Image: 47100-1.jpg]
(07-16-2020, 12:29 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: That wasn't an issue for me THIS TIME, it was me finding out later, that she was prioritizing a Super rich huge international corporation above the little guy (YET AGAIN).
Corporations - the "collectivization" of capitalism - undermines support of capitalism.
How are Corporations not fascist?
(07-22-2020, 11:47 AM)cbeatty Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 12:29 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: That wasn't an issue for me THIS TIME, it was me finding out later, that she was prioritizing a Super rich huge international corporation above the little guy (YET AGAIN).
Corporations - the "collectivization" of capitalism - undermines support of capitalism.
How are Corporations not fascist?

they ARE a conundrum,

on one hand, they appear to be just groupings of people, to have given us great wealth over the years and operate like private business

OTOH they have EXTREME special powers granted by Governments (who've the monopoly on force - massive force with all it's supporting elements ie police courts etc) ALMOST as if they ARE governments themselves. Some even have the guts to call them "quasi governmental" when they want the power of one but the responsibility of the other.
They feed upon each other

AND THEN the tertiary power they gain some how thru social brainwashing, as in MY described case above, a teller (or the bank?) decides to prioritize the worshiped Corporation over the "greedy evil little individual neighbor" trying to serve people in a different (better) way than "standard".

anyone remember the old cartoons from their childhood where business entities were described as (bragged about being) "unlimited" instead of "Ltd CORPORATIONS"?

How ARE Corporations not Fascist??????? (and critically important and needed?)