OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're destroying your history
and once they've done that, they'll destroy your liberty

ah oh. video not working.
thanks CB
I learned over the years, our "true" history has been destroyed repeatedly and often.

Normally by the victors, as the saying goes.

Best impressed upon me when I visited my Great Auntie Claudia Keller in Jonesboro Arkansas, as a teenager.
She was a retired school teacher, JUST visiting the old south should have clued me in - BUT my real lesson came from her History books, written in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Quite SHOCKING how differently things were portrayed by different cultures and times

ANYWAYS, in summation, all this statue tearing down, doesn't bother me from the "destroying history" angle. that's been DONE - we have always needed to be skeptical and study and think for ourselves.
the part that DOES bother me is, that statue tearing down always precedes a violent destruction/revolution of the society involved.
it'd really be sad to see that result here in the USA.
At this point I think violent uprising in the near future is more certain than the history the "Mostly Peaceful Protestors" are trying to destroy. If Trump loses the election, which looks extremely likely, the uprising will have the full support of the federal government at least for a while. It's bound to get a lot worse before it gets better, if it gets better.
(07-01-2020, 03:28 PM)mason Wrote: At this point I think violent uprising in the near future is more certain than the history the "Mostly Peaceful Protestors" are trying to destroy. If Trump loses the election, which looks extremely likely, the uprising will have the full support of the federal government at least for a while. It's bound to get a lot worse before it gets better, if it gets better.

One thing I think is certain, regardless of who wins, the other side will not accept the results.  Not sure what the result of that will be.  If Trump wins, it will be bloody almost for sure.  If Trump loses maybe not bloody, but a deep rejection of the government at the least.  I know in my case that will be true.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
For certain doubletroublejim

I hope I'm not ever dramatizing this coming election but it seems to be pivotal. It's obvious to me that there are forces at work here that are intent not just on winning this election but your taking the power of the ballot from your hands forever.

You weren't supposed to elect Trump - he was the comedy sideline in a show where all the real money was on the other player. They were overconfident last time and underestimated the general dislike of the elite so they're going to be doubly sure this time that their candidate wins:

> They're going to shut down conservative voices online. This has already begun.

> There's going to be a massive propaganda effort against Trump on cable TV. You think the last 4 years has been bad? Just wait!

> They're going to try and fix the election using a postal ballot

> Their thugs will rule the streets and they will intimidate voters. You think the recent political attacks on cops were an accident?

> All manner of abuses will occur under the banner of keeping you safe from Covid 19.
Andy.  I know you're sentimental about Trump.

We could probably send you a few statues for safekeeping.

Keep the memories alive.

What do you say ? ?

[Image: tamblyn23f-3-web.jpg?1593247040]
I see even Stephen Crowder has been shut down. His offerings are really mild yet for the woke running youtube:

Quote:Before news of YouTube’s decision to demonetize Crowder’s channel came on Wednesday, the company unveiled a sweeping new plan to crack down on extremist videos that advocate neo-Nazi and bigoted ideologies, as well as videos promoting obvious conspiracy theories.

Really? Extremist? Neo Nazi?

IMO this may be the last straw for regulators - and will result in Senate action.
(07-05-2020, 08:56 PM)andrew_o Wrote: I see even Stephen Crowder has been shut down. His offerings are really mild yet for the woke running youtube:

Rolleyes  Stephen Crowder ?

Never heard of him.

Is he the cat's meow of New Zealand politics ? ?