{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where would you put $200k at this time ?
Well I've made money on lots of stocks. Chlorox and Proctor and Gamble being a couple during Covid. Got out a month ago when the market was channeling after it bounced up from the crash, thinking they would go down. The market broke out to the upside though not the downside. Sold half of miners too, though they're making money. Market appears to be starting to channel again. I'm heavy with sidelined cash right now.

Here's a very speculative play: GGLDF at .24 a share. Bought mine at around 15 cents thinking it would either go to zero or be at least a ten bagger. Doesn't look like it will go to zero now since they have some good mineral right claims in Nevada. Turned on to it by Michael Ballanger who is more often right than not and a serious holder in that company. It's hard to buy. You'll need a physical person at the trade desk buy it for you not just a trading platform. I own 8000 shares, not a lot of money, but this has been a fun stock for me. Worth the price in entertainment value alone. Something romantic about a bunch of guys with a core drilling rig and a pick up truck running around Nevada.

Getchell Gold Corp.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(07-12-2020, 01:01 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: [quote pid='27557' dateline='1594557882']
Problem with silver (and platinum aqua!) is they have industrial/business use, I went with some gold as a pure inflation MONEY hedge insurance.
Even tho, deflation IS a clear risk. Diversity is more important in riskier times.

[/quote]

Yes, gold is far more popular than platinum.  And both silver and platinum are industrial/business metals.

But the gold/platinum ratio is way out of whack.

But does that mean gold is overbought, or platinum under valued ?  The folks who bought gold at the 1980 peak were under water for 30 years.

With all the people/businesses not paying rents/mortgages, landlords and banks could soon be in trouble.  I think the banking system is close to imploding. 

Where is 7M these days?  He should be dancing a little jig at the financial apocalypse. Wink
The anti crypto currency attitude strikes me as both understandable and strange at the same time!

as I've explained, when it FIRST came out, I was scared of it - but finally got in when someone invented a way to make it a physical coins. But that was long ago, times are different and now and caveman psychology needs be watched carefully in our minds.

THEREFORE I NOTE:

1. Arguments against crypto seem to be the extreme ones - like nobody would put ALL their money there, but few recommend that, most recommend DIVERSITY - HOW can you do that if you have an emotional thing to put NONE there? (extremes are often problematic on both sides.

2. Those hiding from crypto have lost out on massive gains, fairly consistent ones, for over a decade!! 
how many other investments can a person be wrong on for SO LONG (like the whole existance of crypto) and STILL feel smart???

3. a main argument against them is "electricity dependent" YET I'm pretty darn sure that if we all lost electricity - CRYPTO would be THE LEAST of our worries (iow seems as silly as saying gold would be worthless if a meteor destroyed the world) LOL

4. bunch of other arguments against, just like there is against ANY investment, but they seem to apply to ANY investment, just some weird emotional blank spot holding OLD FARTS back.

in conclusion, I'm thinking that just LEARNING to hold invest a BIT of crypto MIGHT be profitable for some here
Ah, the Fates.
I had bitcoin at ten dollars a coin, computer crashed and lost the wallet. Didn't think much about it and lost interest. Couldn't figure out how to put the wallet on a thumbdrive. Tried a few times. Man, I was so close on that one!. Painful.

Next my brother wanted me to go in on Etherium. I declined. He put in 2K and walked away with a 100k two years later.

Learned about bitcoin on the old Daily Reckoning board. That was the tip of a lifetime. Ouch!

Anyway, it's helped keep me humble and hungry. Maybe a better thing in the long run.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
(06-25-2020, 06:25 PM)aqua Wrote: Out of curiosity, if you had an extra $200K to spend/invest this month, what would you do with it ?

Smile  Just asking for a friend.

Well, I think there is only one clear choice for you. Give it all to Biden's campaign.
(07-13-2020, 02:34 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Ah, the Fates.
I had bitcoin at ten dollars a coin, computer crashed and lost the wallet.  Didn't think much about  it and lost interest.  Couldn't figure out how to put the wallet on a thumbdrive.  Tried a few times.  Man, I was so close on that one!. Painful.

Next my brother wanted me to go in on Etherium.  I declined.  He put in 2K and walked away with a 100k two years later.

Learned about bitcoin on the old Daily Reckoning board.  That was the tip of a lifetime. Ouch!

Anyway, it's helped keep me humble and hungry. Maybe a better thing in the long run.

Sometimes losing potential profits are best viewed as tuition at the School of Hard Knocks. I remember those lessons better than most of my formal schooling.
(07-13-2020, 04:18 PM)StingingNettle Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 06:25 PM)aqua Wrote: Out of curiosity, if you had an extra $200K to spend/invest this month, what would you do with it ?

Smile  Just asking for a friend.

Well, I think there is only one clear choice for you.  Give it all to Biden's campaign.

[Image: Capitol-Ink-06-11-20.jpg]