{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA JUNE RANT 1.0
bad day for stocks today!

Nasdaq making new all time highs yesterday probably kills off the DEATH COUNT.

weakness should continue...  yeah, maybe Nasdaq 8,000-8,500 before the next bounce.

gold is volatile.  Metals hedge paper when investors turn pessimistic.

Bitcoin is down for the day too.

even if stocks bounce short-term a failure at the recent highs the past few sessions will lead to MOR SELLING!!! So, there is still downside below even on a short term and intermediate basis.

da bear
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
the near term move could be trickier.  How about a down of B down coming towards a conclusion soon for the DJIA?  Then, b up of B down.

For Nasdaq, that could mean another hit towards 10,000 before a move towards 8,500.  So, a of 4 down is done then we need a 'b move up'.  

it's a ... traders market.

gold is going nowhere fast today, but it could trend at any time.

physical prices might completely/permanently decouple from paper metal prices very soon.

Fiat Metals?  Git 'em.

da bear

But wait... there's MOR.
(06-11-2020, 06:08 PM)da bear Wrote: bad day for stocks today!

da bear

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -6.89% closed down 1,861.82 points, or 6.9%, to 25,128.17,

the S&P 500 SPX, -5.89% ended down 188.04 points, or 5.9%, to finish at 3,002.10,

and the Nasdaq Composite COMP, -5.26% closed down 527.62 points, or 5.3%, at 9,492.73.

[Image: fpDJIA-big.gqplus?rand=43195998]

v

[Image: fpNASDAQ-big.gqplus?rand=43195998]
August should be interesting.  That is when the extra $600 some of the people on unemployment collect is scheduled to end.

Or as one wag put it: "The US economy right now is like a jumbo jet that’s in a steady glide after both its engines flamed out. In about six weeks, it will likely crash into the side of a mountain."
aquaAugust should be interesting.  That is when the extra $600 some of the people on unemployment collect is scheduled to end.

Or as one wag put it: "The US economy right now is like a jumbo jet that’s in a steady glide after both its engines flamed out. In about six weeks, it will likely crash into the side of a mountain."

The rest of the year should be interesting no matter what.  I think we can get a B high (sucker high) in August/September that would lead to a fall crash (Wave C of 4 down).  

If the DJIA is inside a corrective 3 wave move up then it is in a down of B down.  

A set up like this should take the economy to another low.  

Investment advice (as opposed to trading advice) would be something like “cash, gold, silver and fiat metals at elevated positions — up holdings/buy more.”

If Martin Armstrong is right (and hey he might be) the next major TOP is gonna be big, although it maybe a bit down the road. His date is 2033.  I could see that being the B high inside Mega Crash IV with the C down to follow being an absolute unraveling.
(06-23-2020, 03:38 AM)da bear Wrote: Investment advice (as opposed to trading advice) would be something like “cash, gold, silver and fiat metals at elevated positions — up holdings/buy more.”

If Martin Armstrong is right (and hey he might be) the next major TOP is gonna be big, although it maybe a bit down the road. His date is 2033.  I could see that being the B high inside Mega Crash IV with the C down to follow being an absolute unraveling.

Undecided  I wonder what the definition of "cash" is these days ?  I suspect there are many definitions.  Fiat paper ?

I do like the old copper Lincoln cents 1981 and earlier.
I think the DJIA makes a short-term make or break at 26,000.  From there I think the stocks head back down again to complete 'a' of 4 down.  The 'a' low could be around 24,000 to 24,500ish.

Gold is a MOMENTUM trade.  I think it could take a pause soon.  That would just correct a bit of the rally off the early spring lows.

... those might be the only two markets I have a halfway decent opinion on.  Fortunately, they are pretty much the only two markets that matter.

Real Estate: let's see what happens in the fall/winter.  Next Spring/Summer should give RE bulls ammo (although maybe just residential or multi-family -- commercial might be DOA for the intermediate future).

da bear

P.S.  Coinflation.com shows nickels having an end date in 2014.  Did they quit making them?  Did they change the composition?  Anyone know what is going on there?
(06-25-2020, 05:26 PM)da bear Wrote: P.S.  Coinflation.com shows nickels having an end date in 2014.  Did they quit making them?  Did they change the composition?  Anyone know what is going on there?

2014 is about the time "investors" bought the site from the original owner.  It also became more "right wing" in it's articles.

I suspect that since 2014 the buyers have done nothing to update the site except sell advertising.