OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid Anecdotes Every day life 2020
(05-03-2020, 01:43 PM)aqua Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 08:25 PM)andrew_o Wrote: The data is very messy and likely we shall never really know

Rolleyes  I agree.

I realise that while the quarantines may have been a net positive, t

Then PROVE IT with currently available date
you can NOT.

you might be able to in the future, but don't say you "realize" it, say you "believe it or think it".

(05-02-2020, 08:45 AM)silverfish Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 02:28 PM)aqua Wrote: A lot less traffic on the road here than pre-pandemic.

I am really noticing that too.  I think the birds are noticing it too because they are singing a lot.

Here there was a lot less traffic in the first couple weeks,
but seems pretty normal for last MONTH or so.
even extra crowded roads in the City areas.

Less contrails in the sky still.

Social media has a Lot more than normal (if that's possible) of very angry mean hateful posts

People in person seem nicer than normal tho
other than a few crazies

I've been working again, and too damn much, we're so busy and employees don't like showing up for work.
and hiring is impossible.
Since I returned to work almost two weeks ago, in violation of both the governor's and my employer's orders, I've noticed the traffic has picked up a lot. It's nowhere near pre-lockdown levels, but definitely increasing.

The police are giving speeding tickets again. For a while they didn't even bother to pretend. I passed a stop this morning on the way in, and it looked like the cop wasn't wearing a mask, but I'm not certain.

Personally, my return to a working environment has improved my mood considerably. I could always work from home, but chose to do so only when I was sick or had some home related issue to deal with. I may be an extreme introvert, but I still need to connect with people who have similar working interests.

My wife and I were spending our days and most nights working in adjacent rooms without saying anything to each other for hours at a time. She's a different person "at" work, and she says the same thing about me. We started scheduling date nights where work wasn't allowed, but we both sneak off at some point to work anyway. Me being at work has improved things considerably.
(05-03-2020, 04:13 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 01:43 PM)aqua Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 08:25 PM)andrew_o Wrote: The data is very messy and likely we shall never really know

Rolleyes  I agree.

I realise that while the quarantines may have been a net positive, t

Then PROVE IT with currently available date
you can NOT.

you might be able to in the future, but don't say you "realize" it, say you "believe it or think it".

You can not disprove it either.

You might be able to do so in the future.  Some day the USA will catch up with countries like South Korea or China. But given how bad the data is here in the USA, we are just exchanging opinions, not facts.
(05-04-2020, 01:35 PM)aqua Wrote:  You can not disprove it either.

You might be able to do so in the future.  Some day the USA will catch up with countries like South Korea or China. But given how bad the data is here in the USA, we are just exchanging opinions, not facts.

I dunno,
THIS objective official data seems a lot more than "MIGHT be able to".

Now YOUR turn (of course you can't find/post any) can you????

Quote:State of Michigan death statistics
https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/osr/Provisi...Counts.asp

2019 April  Total Deaths 7,987    Covid  deaths     0

2020 April  Total Deaths 7,431    Covid  deaths   1,588
(05-04-2020, 02:06 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 01:35 PM)aqua Wrote:  You can not disprove it either.

I dunno,
THIS objective official data seems a lot more than "MIGHT be able to".

Now YOUR turn (of course you can't find/post any) can you????

Quote:State of Michigan death statistics
https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/osr/Provisi...Counts.asp

2019 April  Total Deaths 7,987    Covid  deaths     0

2020 April  Total Deaths 7,431    Covid  deaths   1,588

I would suspect deaths by traffic crash are down. (death by accidental injury was the 4th leading cause of death in Michigan in 2018). 

Cleaner air in Michigan maybe ?  Chronic lower respiratory disease was the 3rd leading cause of death in Michigan in 2018. 

Deaths by violent crime are also down in some places.

Suicide was the 10th leading cause of death in Michigan in 2018.

Social distancing may be reducing some deaths (regular old flu comes to mind here).

Covid-19 also likes killing people with pre-existing conditions.  So we are back to arguing about what goes on the death certificate.  (Did the C-19 kill 'em, or was it the pneumonia and the chronic bronchitis ?)

The only other thing I can think of at this time is that contact with the  medical system in Michigan might be hazardous to your health ?  Looking at how Michigan compares to the USA totals, that isn't as far-fetched as it sounds.  https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr/dea...nkcnty.asp

But, like Andrew, I think the data is too messy to know for sure at this time.
So maybe we can expect an uptick of deaths of old people in poor health and then after that a drop in the death rate because the weak will have been culled.
(05-04-2020, 02:48 PM)aqua Wrote: I would suspect deaths by traffic crash are down. (death by accidental injury was the 4th leading cause of death in Michigan in 2018). ......................
But, like Andrew, I think the data is too messy to know for sure at this time.

The date here looks pretty straight forward.
I figured how to post the WHOLE chart,

LOOKS really weird to ME,
There was a DROP in TOTAL deaths

and to make up the numbers for Covid deaths to exists, they seem to have come from a BIG DECREASE in deaths from CANCER and HEART Attacks. so is that the "co morbidity" thing?????  I'm lost
wouldn't have surprised me if it came out of COPD and pneumonia, but..............

[Image: Michigan-Deaths.jpg]
Dave, from the same site, the explanation is:

"Most causes of deaths are not coded immediately after the original death was reported. Lowers counts of specific causes of death for more recent months should be considered a result of delayed coding, not a reduction in the counts of deaths themselves. COVID-19 death coding is expedited, and counts may be more complete in comparison to other causes of death."
(05-04-2020, 11:55 PM)mason Wrote: Dave, from the same site, the explanation is:

"Most causes of deaths are not coded immediately after the original death was reported. Lowers counts of specific causes of death for more recent months should be considered a result of delayed coding, not a reduction in the counts of deaths themselves. COVID-19 death coding is expedited, and counts may be more complete in comparison to other causes of death."

yes, but that is regarding CAUSE of death,

TOTAL DEATHS are much lower even though we have those 1588 "new additional" deaths.

one would think this Covid-19 is saving lots of lives
(05-05-2020, 02:25 AM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:55 PM)mason Wrote: Dave, from the same site, the explanation is:

yes, but that is regarding CAUSE of death,

TOTAL DEATHS are much lower even though we have those 1588 "new additional" deaths.

one would think this Covid-19 is saving lots of lives

OK, I see what you are saying. It does look off anyway you add them up.