OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Business Loans ?
Smile Smile  Why am I not surprised ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartandhp

White House, GOP face heat after hotel and restaurant chains helped run small business program dry

Jonathan O'Connell

"The federal government gave national hotel and restaurant chains millions of dollars in grants before the $349 billion program ran out of money Thursday, leaving thousands of traditional small businesses without funding and leading to a backlash that prompted one company to give the money back. ...."
(04-20-2020, 05:48 PM)aqua Wrote: Smile Smile  Why am I not surprised ?

White House, GOP face heat after hotel and restaurant chains helped run small business program dry

Jonathan O'Connell

"The federal government gave national hotel and restaurant chains millions of dollars in grants before the $349 billion program ran out of money Thursday, leaving thousands of traditional small businesses without funding and leading to a backlash that prompted one company to give the money back. ...."

TWO POINTS,

ONE: they are NOT GRANTS unless the money GOES to EMPLOYEES, landlord utilities and health insurance,
otherwise they MUST pay it back with interest.

TWO: to the extent it helps the small business it is NOT a "grant" but COMPENSATION for the DAMAGES FORCED UPON THEM buy Society/Government. and just a tiny part of those damages to boot!
(04-20-2020, 08:15 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:48 PM)aqua Wrote: Smile Smile  Why am I not surprised ?

Jonathan O'Connell

TWO POINTS,

ONE: they are NOT GRANTS unless the money GOES to EMPLOYEES, landlord utilities and health insurance,
otherwise they MUST pay it back with interest.

TWO: to the extent it helps the small business it is NOT a "grant" but COMPENSATION for the DAMAGES FORCED UPON THEM buy Society/Government. and just a tiny part of those damages to boot!

Wait and see Dave.

I am already reading how the Hedge Fund crowd has found over 200 ways to turn those "loans" into profits by declaring bankruptcy.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/0...l-business
Just gets crazier and crazier. What the Feds are doing is crooked on its face. No surprise the results are corrupt. This is just the beginning. Even with the bailouts, the system will just keep imploding. Just "buying" a little time I guess. Hope you all are armed. Violence is not too far down the road. Personally I don't like guns much, but you gotta have em now.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
(04-21-2020, 01:53 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Just gets crazier and crazier.  What the Feds are doing is crooked on its face.  No surprise the results are corrupt.  This is just the beginning.  Even with the bailouts, the system will just keep imploding. Just "buying" a little  time I guess.  ........

Agree with all the above,

(04-21-2020, 01:53 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote: ............
  Hope you all are armed.  Violence is not too far down the road.  Personally I don't like guns much, but you gotta have em now.

but what makes you this this violence thing??

Other Countries are Months ahead of us and worse
no sizable violence there         yet,
what's different here that you see?
(04-21-2020, 01:53 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Just gets crazier and crazier.  What the Feds are doing is crooked on its face.  No surprise the results are corrupt.  This is just the beginning.  Even with the bailouts, the system will just keep imploding. Just "buying" a little  time I guess.  Hope you all are armed.  Violence is not too far down the road.  Personally I don't like guns much, but you gotta have em now.

I must agree with most of what you wrote.

However, here there is enough of a community to deter crime.  And if that stops working, there is plenty of wealth to hire security.