OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buy-and-Hold Dividend Stocks
TSX Trading Hours
Regular trading hours for the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) are Monday to Friday with an opening time of 9:30 a.m. and a closing time of 4:00 p.m. Each day it is open, It is important to also note that some U.S. holidays may affect trading on the TSX for equities traded in U.S. dollars.
Note that when a holiday falls on the weekend Saturday or Sunday, the stock markets will be closed the next calendar Monday in lieu of the weekend holiday.
Here you will find the Toronto stock exchange holidays calendar
(12-08-2016, 05:52 AM)nik21mincemeat Wrote: Those wishing to get speculative profits based on share price fluctuations are competing with professionals who do nothing but analysis and super computers which respond to millisecond changes in prices.

100% right.

That's a force you cannot fight

With your DRIPS funds do you avoid tax somehow?

Because I reinvest the profits myself without need for a 'fund' and the associated admin fee, but the tax is paid as I get the checks.

Tax here in NZ is very different to the US of course
General Electric Company
Deere & Company
Procter & Gamble Company
These are some more alternatives for the coming year 2017.
Are any of the blue chip companies raising their dividends?

I would bet that DIVIDEND GROWTH would be a real long-term driver for capital gains, too, not just dividend income...

da bear
(12-29-2016, 05:07 PM)da bear Wrote: Are any of the blue chip companies raising their dividends?

I would bet that DIVIDEND GROWTH would be a real long-term driver for capital gains, too, not just dividend income...

da bear

Dividend growth is just the anticipation of future dividend income. Just more gambling. You cannot win at that game unless you have insider knowledge because there are thousands of people FAR better than you at reading balance sheets and predicting growth.