OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA JANUARY BRIEF UPDATE RANT
(02-16-2020, 10:30 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 06:27 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Not against mass production but it's foolish to have it all in one country.

SO it's just a matter of degree then to you huh Andrew?

Others argue don't have it all in one household, City or State or Region of the world,
YOU want to dictate "Country" to be the arbitrary subjective limit.
I'm assuming you don't count countries like Swaziland as "Countries"?

ME? I trust a FREE Enterprise Capitalist system to make the determination of "degree" (on average on a MACRO level), rather than Politics or YOU or any other sideline view back seat driver without their own skin in the game.
SURE it's not always perfect, but that is really irrelevant.

I don't disagree with you. 
However global players have to manage risk, just as we all do. And one facet of that risk is 'national risk'.

Things like confiscation , economic collapse, revolution and natural disasters all factor.

As for your blind faith in capitalism, lots of companies have rushed to invest in China in order to cut cost to manufacture, only to find their intellectual property was ripped off and their business destroyed.
I think stocks bounce a bit here after the 1,000ish point sell off. Shorts cover. So maybe a few hundred points up until the next sell off to retest the lows.

If the DJIA is gonna break through 30,000 then it needs to do so by May. Even so... “sell in May” might be the rallying cry this year.

da bear

p.s. you can probably take some profits in gold. Keep stacking cash. Git mor nickels.

p.p.s. Maybe it WAS All Star Night at Da Gold Club.