OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bomb,bomb,bomb iran
(01-16-2020, 05:29 PM)iamhe Wrote: .................

there will come a time in the future where the only way to keep yourself will be to go back to the past

THAT time came and WENT. ie it IS in the past and no longer exists as an option

you know the new technology does not depend on you being connected electronically in ANY WAY anymore.

"it sees and hears" whatever they choose whenever and whereever -
tracking via smart systems in addition to facial recognition is here
super hearing and super vision (even x ray vision) all supported by massive ai is here
super memory is here
 connecting the dots to fill in for the missing "you",  is HERE too
I could make this list longer you know, right.

are you not familiar with the stories of the very few people who tried to "drop out" and hide in vast tracts of empty (it's all government land) lands?
they get caught, even when not criminals (other than trespassing on "public" empty lands) usually satellites, but there are many other ways
I see you're about to get driving licences on your phones - just a trial at this stage.

That is access of a new kind for the USA but has been standard in the UK for decades
(01-17-2020, 04:51 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I see you're about to get driving licences on your phones - just a trial at this stage.

That is access of a new kind for the USA but has been standard in the UK for decades

Our State just started that for Insurance and Registration a couple years ago, BUT
EVEN THAT (on your phone) is a pretty absurd requirement!
designed ONLY to bully you, penalize you for money and pick on/degrade you.

Come on Andrew, YOU KNOW that THEY Know DAMN WELL if you have a License and if it's valid withOUT you showing them on paper OR ON YOUR PHONE!
"Come on Andrew, YOU KNOW that THEY Know DAMN WELL if you have a License and if it's valid withOUT you showing them on paper OR ON YOUR PHONE! "

In VA at least, they also know if you have insurance and if you have a CCW permit. There is still no law requiring that you show a LEO your phone, but with the recent governmental shift to the extreme left, it's not far off.
(01-17-2020, 02:48 PM)mason Wrote:
Quote:"Come on Andrew, YOU KNOW that THEY Know DAMN WELL if you have a License and if it's valid withOUT you showing them on paper OR ON YOUR PHONE! "

In VA at least, they also know if you have insurance and if you have a CCW permit. There is still no law requiring that you show a LEO your phone, but with the recent governmental shift to the extreme left, it's not far off.

oh wow, good and SCARY point mason!

this garbage about "allowing" us to show our insurance/registration/license via our phone instead of the hard to keep track of paper (IF we're even allowed paper ones in the future)
((( as if EITHER is really necesary!))))

MAY be simply a way to softening us up for them to have an excuse to our PHONE (and search thru it - or even demand it)

that SLIPPERY SLOPE WE FALL DOWN,
like that Frog, boiling one degree at a time.
It's a small fine here if you don't carry your licence on you when driving.

But in the UK, the combination of the DVLC (Driver Vehicle Licencing Centre) and ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) means that if you're driving without a licence, insurance or registration the cops will know as you pass a camera. The cameras are on all major roads and are on the patrol cars.

It triggers an alarm inside the cop car so they will know to pull you over. By the time they've stopped you they've access the DVLC servers automatically and it has downloaded your mug shot, driving and criminal history and any 'markers' for violence or drug offences you may have. They can also set it up to triggers for 'persons of interest', who might be relatives or associates of people they are looking for.
(01-17-2020, 05:07 PM)andrew_o Wrote: It's a small fine here if you don't carry your licence on you when driving.

But in the UK, the combination of the DVLC (Driver Vehicle Licencing Centre) and ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) means that if you're driving without a licence, insurance or registration the cops will know as you pass a camera. The cameras are on all major roads and are on the patrol cars.

It triggers an alarm inside the cop car so they will know to pull you over. By the time they've stopped you they've access the DVLC servers automatically and it has downloaded your mug shot, driving and criminal history and any 'markers' for violence or drug offences you may have. They can also set it up to triggers for 'persons of interest', who might be relatives or associates of people they are looking for.

sounds efficient and SCARY
(interestingly, I don't have a problem with most criminal history showing up)

Glad I don't interact with police very often
I surely wouldn't tell one stopping me for a traffic violation about any of my associates!!
I'm a minimalist type on info to authorities

IF you guys remember my stories,
I've twice in my life been grabbed by the throat and slammed against the wall for refusing to talk to a uniformed on duty police officer.
I mean, not even a "hello" or "no", just pure silence
(can't do that when driving of course, but don't have to go past a few mandatory words - I've gotten in trouble for too many words before, so I just figure I'm damed if I do talk and damned if I don't talk, so I just don't.)
I think digital cameras have made a big difference. No longer can cops abuse as they feel like it because either the public or themselves have a video record of what went down. This is a great defence for good cops who would otherwise be accused of things that haven't happened by street activists but also makes the bad cops think twice before swinging a stick.

The UK system is alarmingly efficient. They have everything at their finger tips. A friend who was a coder for the UK Home Office showed me a few things. Not only do they have all your details instantly on tap, their relational database allows them to access details of your relatives, previous criminal associates, who you spent time in a cell with etc etc. Because all databases are linked: Driving licences, car insurance, vehicle ownership and registration, criminal history, HM prisons, border control etc. People can get pulled over by the cops because the system recognizes the registered owner of a vehicle has a friend, associate or relative who is a "person of interest". Makes 1984 look mild. The UK has the most cameras per head of population in the world.

This is not so easy in the USA because of your federal system. The states don't talk to each other without a lot of admin effort and the feds can't even operate a reliable background check system for gun purchases.
(01-17-2020, 03:10 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:48 PM)mason Wrote:
Quote:"Come on Andrew, YOU KNOW that THEY Know DAMN WELL if you have a License and if it's valid withOUT you showing them on paper OR ON YOUR PHONE! "

oh wow, good and SCARY point mason!

this garbage about "allowing" us to show our insurance/registration/license via our phone instead of the hard to keep track of paper (IF we're even allowed paper ones in the future)
((( as if EITHER is really necesary!))))

MAY be simply a way to softening us up for them to have an excuse to our PHONE (and search thru it - or even demand it)

that SLIPPERY SLOPE WE FALL DOWN,
like that Frog, boiling one degree at a time.

There has been an ongoing media campaign for years to exempt cell phones from privacy laws, a.k.a. Virginia Constitution, because cops "need to know" if you've been texting while driving. They probably have the votes now, but no bill has been resubmitted yet due to more pressing attacks on gun rights and religious freedom.

I expect the left to provoke some protestors on Jan 20 in a way that will make Charlottesville seem tame by comparison. They plan to use the publicity to promote a nationwide gun confiscation scheme. I get emails from extremists on both sides, and it promises to be spectacular. Only extreme weather can prevent it at this point.
again when I say "go back to the past",,,I mean just that....I think you will see people ditching cell phones and internet and smart appliances, communities of luddites will form, the new quaker existence, only to be observed by the electric eye

I know I'm going to at a certain point....the internet has become tiresome