OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Like You, Hong Kong
https://www.breitbart.com/national-secur...hong-kong/

I previously predicted this would happen:

Protesters Within China Defy Communists: ‘Just Like You, Hong Kong’

Protesters in southern Guangdong province, China, took to the streets last week to demand the communist government not build a polluting crematorium near their town, adopting slogans common to the Hong Kong protest movement, Time magazine noted on Monday.

The Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily, which openly supports the anti-communist movement, reported the use of slogans such as “revolution of our times,” which China considers seditious hate speech, and “just like you, Hong Kong!” in Guangdong. As China heavily censors coverage of the Hong Kong protests and bans all statements of support from the few permitted social media sites in the country, the adoption of the Hong Kong movement’s slogans and tactics is a sign that people within Communist China are informing themselves regarding the protests through unapproved means.
The presence of support for the Hong Kong pro-democracy movement within China may signal greater problems ahead for the Communist Party, which spent much of 2018 crushing dissent from its Maoist ranks who see dictator Xi Jinping as too repressive of the proletariat and deviant from communist orthodoxy.
Lambs being led to slaughter.
Mo'oom! stop messing with my heavenly mandate
Bullies rely on most of the population being submissive. The game is up when people don't play along.
Pretty gutsy move inside China. Must be really upset. Hard to believe a crematorium would arouse this degree of protest.
As far as I can tell Communist governments only begin with rebellions. They don't end until they collapse or the government sells out to capitalists in other countries. It's difficult to see the protests resulting in much more than a lot of dead protestors and maybe some sanctions from the west. No way western governments will intervene with any force.
(12-04-2019, 08:54 PM)mason Wrote: As far as I can tell Communist governments only begin with rebellions. They don't end until they collapse or the government sells out to capitalists in other countries. It's difficult to see the protests resulting in much more than a lot of dead protestors and maybe some sanctions from the west. No way western governments will intervene with any force.

The last thing the west should do is interfere - because that would be the excuse the CPC needed to blame the west and crackdown.

Just let it brew...give it time.
(12-05-2019, 04:10 AM)andrew_o Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 08:54 PM)mason Wrote: As far as I can tell Communist governments only begin with rebellions. They don't end until they collapse or the government sells out to capitalists in other countries. It's difficult to see the protests resulting in much more than a lot of dead protestors and maybe some sanctions from the west. No way western governments will intervene with any force.

The last thing the west should do is interfere - because that would be the excuse the CPC needed to blame the west and crackdown.

Just let it brew...give it time.

The west is already interfering. I saw video of protestors running around waving US flags after Congress voted to support the protestors. Similar support coming from Europe, and likely more to follow. And now NATO is naming China as enemy number one. Jinping is going to call it a conspiracy, if he hasn't already. He may even be right. Those protestors are going to be crushed.
When your regime has to employ over 30,000 people just to block oblique references to Winnie the Pooh, you know you've lost the plot.
Oh, bother..