OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA. I didn't see that coming....
NRA drops lawsuit, accepts branding as a ‘domestic terrorist organization’ by San Francisco  
Walter Einenkel
Friday November 08, 2019 ·

"On Thursday, the National Rifle Association dismissed their lawsuit against the city of San Francisco for branding the Second Amendment cult a “domestic terrorist organization.” NRA officials said that they had gotten the satisfaction they were looking for and therefore pulled their lawsuit. Of course, as the San Francisco Chronicle explains, that is a strange bit of spin. After SF Mayor London Breed explained that the resolution did not require the city to limit its interactions with vendors that did business with the NRA, the NRA responded by saying they would not drop their litigation until the city “officially withdraws its unconstitutional threat and makes amends for the harm suffered by the NRA.”

Of course, that hasn’t happened. The NRA is still deemed a “domestic terrorist organization” by San Francisco. San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera released a statement calling the NRA’s decision to dismiss their “frivolous lawsuit,” a good one, but also warned that “If the NRA doesn’t want to be publicly condemned for its actions, it should stop sabotaging common sense gun safety regulations that would protect untold numbers of Americans every year, like universal background checks, an assault weapons ban and restrictions on high-capacity magazines.”

In September, the San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to declare the National Rifle Association a domestic terror organization. The announcement called out the organization for its disproportionate amount of influence on national and state policies, its willingness to promote disinformation about gun violence, its unwillingness to even heed its own membership’s wishes while taking on more and more extreme positions, and its complicity in arming individuals who are dangerous to the American public. "
The NRA has a membership, self reported of about 5.5 million

San Francisco's population is about 850,000

hmmm
(11-09-2019, 04:33 PM)aqua Wrote: <snip> ... the Second Amendment cult ...<snip>
Lost me right there. Lean right or left, I really don't care, but anybody who writes using inflammatory weasel words loses me as a reader instantly. They may have the best argument in the world, but I will not get to it as they have lost any pretense of impartiality right up front.
NRA may feel that being labeled a "terror organization" by the City of San Francisco is good for their membership numbers.

After all, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(11-09-2019, 08:36 PM)brunt Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:33 PM)aqua Wrote: <snip> ... the Second Amendment cult ...<snip>
Lost me right there. Lean right or left, I really don't care, but anybody who writes using inflammatory weasel words loses me as a reader instantly. They may have the best argument in the world, but I will not get to it as they have lost any pretense of impartiality right up front.

It is a quote from the article.
Democrats aren't keen on these awkward Amendments

1. They're trying to shut down free speech

2. They're trying to shut down your ability to defend free speech

6. They recently decided it is not necessary for an accused to face his accuser
(11-11-2019, 07:22 PM)aqua Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 08:36 PM)brunt Wrote:

It is a quote from the article.

I understand that, given that your "thing" is to regurgitate the thoughts of others. I was just saying that the article was very obviously slanted, and not worth my time.