OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico Most Obese Country Now
Tongue 
Mover over Trumpers.

Mexico is now the most obese county in the world.

[Image: jaime01.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_Mexico

Obesity in Mexico is a relatively recent phenomenon, having been widespread since the 1980s with the introduction of processed food into much of the Mexican food market. Prior to that, dietary issues were limited to under and malnutrition, which is still a problem in various parts of the country. Following trends already ongoing in other parts of the world, Mexicans have been foregoing traditional whole grains and vegetables in favor of a diet with more animal products and processed foods. It has seen dietary energy intake and rates of overweight and obese people rise with seven out of ten at least overweight and a third clinically obese.
With all the sunshine Mexico gets, surely people could grow their own fresh vegetables and fruit?

Even in October in England, I threw out some celery choppings onto my compost heap and the base end was starting to grow, I have rarely had any space to grow things before, so have never even thought of trying to grow celery, but it looks as though the chopped off base would grow another head of celery given half a chance?

I was watching a video where a lady was growing lettuces, and she said she just gathered some outside leaves whenever they wanted to make a salad, leaving the plant itself to carry on growing. She did look like she had a good sized allotment, somewhere in the USA, and it can't be so easy when it gets really cold in winter, from about mid November to about March maybe in England. Mexico probably doesn't even get cold winters?
(11-07-2019, 09:51 PM)silverfish Wrote: With all the sunshine Mexico gets, surely people could grow their own fresh vegetables and fruit?

Even in October in England, I threw out some celery choppings onto my compost heap and the base end was starting to grow, I have rarely had any space to grow things before, so have never even thought of trying to grow celery, but it looks as though the chopped off base would grow another head of celery given half a chance?

I was watching a video where a lady was growing lettuces, and she said she just gathered some outside leaves whenever they wanted to make a salad, leaving the plant itself to carry on growing.  She did look like she had a good sized allotment, somewhere in the USA, and it can't be so easy when it gets really cold in winter, from about mid November to about March maybe in England.  Mexico probably doesn't even get cold winters?

as much as some like to claim or believe it's a matter of healthy food not available or being expensive, it is NOT.

People CHOOSE the bad super processed food. even if they have to pay extra for it
I blame the fajitas