OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument with my Wife
Politically my wife and I are really close,

and when not, we can work out our differences or accept them.

but tonite was an example of one of the few times we can NOT.

She was talking about one of their "friends" that won't let them "help her" because she "dresses like a slut by wearing half a shirt".
I pointed out that was a "mean attack" and "sexist, because she loves men who go shirt less".

She got very angry yelling that it was "NOT, because we're trying to help her".
I had to say back,   "NOT by attacking her for being female, duh"
Well, if she can go around wearing half a shirt, there might be more than sluttiness involved. Jealousy?
(10-22-2019, 01:11 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Well, if she can go around wearing half a shirt, there might be more than sluttiness involved.  Jealousy?

ahhh,
I was thinking about the "more than" angle too
actually it's an "instead of".
People, especially females have learned to make mean attacks where the emotion is, rather than where the actual good point is.

I'm SURE my wife was correct in that this women was doing something wrong,
MY issue, as is quite often in my debate style, is......
"GO TO THAT wrong thing, don't play games with mean red herring sexist words like "slut" etc!"

also
I'm assuming the jealousy is an issue, but one in general (Macro) not specific to this person nor my wife.
it is sad, how jealousy turns so many females into being sexist against females. (and then demand we and society join them in their evil)..
(10-22-2019, 03:59 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: it is sad, how jealousy turns so many females into being sexist against females. (and then demand we and society join them in their evil)..

what does this mean? "sexist against females"..... how so?

no doubt your wife is right, and you are wrong ...........
(10-22-2019, 02:34 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: Politically my wife and I are really close,

and when not, we can work out our differences or accept them.

but tonite was an example of one of the few times we can NOT.

She was talking about one of their "friends" that won't let them "help her" because she "dresses like a slut by wearing half a shirt".
I pointed out that was a "mean attack" and "sexist, because she loves men who go shirt less".

She got very angry yelling that it was "NOT, because we're trying to help her".
I had to say back,   "NOT by attacking her for being female, duh"

You are probably better off to avoid this issue. You don't want her to think of you as some PC metro. and illogical to boot.
(11-30-2019, 02:59 AM)cbeatty Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 03:59 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: it is sad, how jealousy turns so many females into being sexist against females. (and then demand we and society join them in their evil)..

what does this mean? "sexist against females"..... how so?

critical verbal degrading attack of a female for showing too much skin - which is still much LESS skin than many men show all the time in summer, sure sounds Sexist to me, but, I guess there could be a different reason for the double standard? I just don't know what it could be other than jealousy (ie, sexism)

no doubt your wife is right, and you are wrong ...........

she often is! which is great, but normally she can explain why.  She was unable to this time, which to me is a sign her "right" is just a FEELING, Not something logical nor reasonable.

I've had this disagreement with many people before,
SO I realize I'm different than society in general (well, since Victorian days)
but that doesn't make either side, right nor wrong.

(12-02-2019, 07:46 PM)cbeatty Wrote: You are probably better off to avoid this issue.

We can handle it, I know when to "avoid" issues with her. but we like heated HEALTHY debate (unlike some here some times).

You don't want her to think of you as some PC metro.

Don't know what that means, like to allow (and therefore see) "slutty" women seems the opposite of "metro".

and illogical to boot.

I'd LOVE to hear the logical problem with my idea that women should not be attacked or meanly dissuaded from showing their body/skin.
I can only think of some specific times/areas where it'd be a problem.

Can YOU provide such Logic???
My big problem with this scenario starts even before the double standards.

Help should be offered where appropriate, and refusing to accept help, unless that refusal directly adversely effects the one offering said help, is the end of the matter right there. There is nothing to get upset about - you stated your opinion of the existence of a problem, offered your assistance (or your wife did in this specific case), and a refusal to accept this help is their prerogative. There is no requirement to accept help that is offered.

Getting upset, or trying again to get the person to accept help are actions are those of busybodies - even if well intentioned.
I tend to have few "arguments" with me wives, but there have been a few heated discussions over the years.
REALITY... IT DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR "TENDER FEELINS"