OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need Medicare Advice!
(09-07-2019, 04:32 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: I have an insurance quandry too.  Until this year I always had insurance with my wife's policy, but she's 65 and retired so is on medicare.  I'm 62 so don't qualify for medicare.  
I won't go into details, but will say the best advice I have gotten is thru Amac whose reps helped my wife with her insurance, and gave me an understanding of my options ( none of them good). They gave honest advice in both instances..  AMAC is the conservative alternative to AARP.

Dave, your case does seem rather fubar and complicated, but maybe one of their reps can help you. You have to join AMAC first, but it only costs 16 bucks.

Details: I really only need catastrophic health insurance, but that's not available in Maryland because liberal MD still wants to push everyone into Obamacare.  There is short term insurance but it is for only 3 months.  If you end up in an ICU at the end of three months, you are basically screwed because then you have a " pre existing condition" and they won't cover you. Other States have 3 year policies, but not Maryland. My AMAC rep told me this. So it's Obamacare or nothing for me until I'm 65.  So far I have chosen no insurance. That may change when the Obamacare enrollment period starts in November, but probably not. Depends on the cost.

Thanks! I just joined AMAC, been meaning to for a while. Can't wait to call and pick their brain later.

As to you situation, IF your wife would have not retired, but just started taking Medicare, you could have stayed on her employer's policy.
Getting insurance other than the ObamaCare exchange may subject you to penalties for pre existing conditions later, so be careful there.

As to Catastrophic insurance, yes, it is sad how Government outlawed them, then found they were so needed that Govt can provide the "illegal" plans in some areas if they choose. I've often complained about that.
Sorta like the Govt around here outlawing homes smaller than 1200 sq ft, then started providing them themselves as single people demanded them (but still illegal for "evil" private builders).

I wonder if we'll ever get a more sensible Government
(09-11-2019, 02:39 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: I wonder if we'll ever get a more sensible Government

First we will have to break the stranglehold that the 1% and Big Corps have on the government.

The only way I see that happening, is if they get rid of the way elections are funded.

So don't hold your breath.
(09-11-2019, 03:26 PM)aqua Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 02:39 AM)DaveGillie Wrote: I wonder if we'll ever get a more sensible Government

First we will have to break the stranglehold that the 1% and Big Corps have on the government.

The only way I see that happening, is if they get rid of the way elections are funded.

I'm thinking it's more SOCIETAL problem
rather than Government or those who naturally gravitate to concentrated power

sadly that means it's like a snow ball rolling down hill, as in those in power, educate the youth to accept evil.
(09-11-2019, 06:04 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 03:26 PM)aqua Wrote:

I'm thinking it's more SOCIETAL problem
rather than Government or those who naturally gravitate to concentrated power

sadly that means it's like a snow ball rolling down hill, as in those in power, educate the youth to accept evil.

Of course it is SOCIETAL.

.....and now Big Business wants to privatize education.
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...cation.jpg]