OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps Deal with Mexico
Don't know much about it, but from what I read on Breitbart, it will help end catch and release, and illegal aliens will stay in Mexico while their cases are being adjudicated.   If so, this really is HUGE!   Did Trump find a way around the Democrats and  their cheap labor Republican allies?

Hearing the whines from Pelosi and Schumer it sure sounds that way.
(06-09-2019, 01:29 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Don't know much about it, but from what I read on Breitbart, it will help end catch and release, and illegal aliens will stay in Mexico while their cases are being adjudicated.   If so, this really is HUGE!   Did Trump find a way around the Democrats and  their cheap labor Republican allies?

Hearing the whines from Pelosi and Schumer it sure sounds that way.

The Mexicans are doubling down on what they already were doing.  Or so they say.  They may not have the capacity to change what has been  happening.

Soon Trump will be renamed NAFTA something else.

Smoke and mirrors for the Trumplings.  But I am sure it sounds good on Fox and Breitbart.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/0...na-1358155

"...A person familiar with the negotiations under former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed New York Times reporting that much of what Mexico agreed to do this week was already on track months ago. In March, for instance, Mexico secretly pledged to deploy troops to the southern border during a meeting in Miami with Nielsen, and had agreed to the new asylum procedures back in December.

But, this person said, Mexico is now accelerating those efforts to stem the tide of migrants under Trump’s latest pressure campaign.

The ambiguity of the deal offers just enough for the president to claim victory, however. The U.S.-Mexico joint declaration issued Friday evening by the State Department contains no firm metrics to gauge the success — or failure — of the agreement, instead stating that Mexico “will take unprecedented steps” aimed at curbing migrant flow into the U.S. and “decisive action” to stop human smuggling. It does indicate, however, that the countries will continue discussions over the next three months and may announce additional measures....."
So... in other words.... Something really is being done despite Pelosi and Schumer.
(06-09-2019, 07:17 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: So... in other words.... Something really is being done despite Pelosi and Schumer.

Or....nothing has changed......but Trump is taking credit for another "huuge" achievement.
(06-10-2019, 11:48 AM)aqua Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 07:17 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: So... in other words.... Something really is being done despite Pelosi and Schumer.

Or....nothing has changed......but Trump is taking credit for another "huuge" achievement.

We'll see.   I think it was a stroke of genius.
(06-11-2019, 02:39 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote:

If you think that was genius, wait until he changes the name of NAFTA  to USCMA.

Same deal, new name.

(06-11-2019, 02:39 AM)doubletroublejim Wrote:

The comedians are already having fun with the deal. Smile 

"When last we spoke, President Liposuction Clinic Dumpster was throwing himself a parade celebrating all the amazing concessions he won from Mexico in exchange for withdrawing his proposed tariffs, but when he called up the Nobel people to propose a special prize for Manly Dominance Over a Neighbor and Trade Partner, he was greeted with derisive Norwegian laughter* because the world quickly learned that in fact, he had backed down completely, in exchange for nothing that hadn’t been agreed to weeks earlier.

Caught in his lie, the Velveeta Vulgarian let his unfailing instinct for pathetic behavior guide him, insisting that yuh huh he got lots of concessions in the deal, really hot concessions, too, only they live in Canada, so you can’t meet them right now, maybe over summer break. But the truth is out, and now the whole world is laughing at him for declaring victory while retreating like the French Army led by Paul Reiser’s character in Aliens.

Look, bro, if it was such a big win, you wouldn’t have dumped it on a Friday night."

http://showercapblog.com/look-out-louie-gohmert-theres-some-real-competition-for-the-dumbest-man-in-congress-crown-this-year/
Trump's a genius I tell you. A genius!
(06-11-2019, 01:06 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Trump's a genius I tell you. A genius!

Is that sarcasm ?

[Image: DTEE61wVQAAJpA-.jpg]

v

v

[Image: 51Hbras0EiL._SY358_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

v
v
[Image: id_cjones02012019.jpg]
Yes, the genius rolls on!  Four more years will be HUGE!  This is MAGA country!
(06-11-2019, 10:39 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Yes, the genius rolls on!  Four more years will be HUGE!  This is MAGA country!

Do you ever wonder how much "genius" our country can tolerate before something breaks ? ? ?