OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santorini map with useful distance calculator
I've found a Santorini map that has a built in distance calculator. I found it pretty useful when looking at the distance between different resorts.
(05-16-2019, 09:35 AM)aftersound Wrote: I've found a Santorini map that has a built in distance calculator. I found it pretty useful when looking at the distance between different resorts.

Click on view at the top of the page then click on distance calculator. I've just checked the distance from Kamari to Perissa - just 2.25km.
the 2.25km that is marked is only if you swim to Perissa from kamari or the weather alows the boat to cross the sea, often enough very very rough...
(05-16-2019, 09:36 AM)aftersound Wrote: the 2.25km that is marked is only if you swim to Perissa from kamari or the weather alows the boat to cross the sea, often enough very very rough...

Otherwise the real distance is something like 30 km since you must go to Messaria [the midle of the island and then to climb down to Perissa wich means practically to make the round of the island!
Google maps does this.
Right click on your start point and select calculate distance at the bottom of the menu
You can add and drag waypoints with this
(05-16-2019, 01:42 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Google maps does this.
Right click on your start point and select calculate distance at the bottom of the menu
You can add and drag waypoints with this

It's just spam banter between new accounts.
Haven't seen this before. A group of spammers working together.
(05-16-2019, 05:34 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: Haven't seen this before. A group of spammers working together.

It's not uncommon. It is a method to artificially pad their post total in a manner that is not obviously all spam.
hah. I haven't seen that before either. I'll ban them and kill the thread in a bit.