OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart makes Vudu magic
Christmas came early for movie buffs, thanks to a new program from Walmart.

This week, Walmart introduced Movies on Us, giving customers access to thousands of free, on-demand movies and TV shows–with limited commercials—on the streaming service Vudu.

“Millions of customers already buy and rent content on Vudu on a monthly basis. This new service provides value for customers who want to watch movies and TV for free, when and how they wish to watch, without sacrificing quality,” said Jeremy Verba, vice president and general manager of Vudu, in a news release.

http://www.bankrate.com/cashlorette/walm...ide%3dtrue
(10-29-2016, 03:10 PM)ModestProposals Wrote: Christmas came early for movie buffs, thanks to a new program from Walmart.

This week, Walmart introduced Movies on Us, giving customers access to thousands of free, on-demand movies and TV shows–with limited commercials—on the streaming service Vudu.

“Millions of customers already buy and rent content on Vudu on a monthly basis. This new service provides value for customers who want to watch movies and TV for free, when and how they wish to watch, without sacrificing quality,” said Jeremy Verba, vice president and general manager of Vudu, in a news release.

but but,       wait

I thought we HAD to depend on GOVERNMENT to give us "free stuff"???????

especially as technology improved?

I'm sure nobody here can remember ME YEARS ago rebutting gloomers by pointing out technology makes things cheaper and even free - which might even over come the "disadvantages" of technology taking over our jobs by making (Most) everything (nearly) Free.
(10-29-2016, 03:32 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 03:10 PM)ModestProposals Wrote: Christmas came early for movie buffs, thanks to a new program from Walmart.

but but,       wait

I thought we HAD to depend on GOVERNMENT to give us "free stuff"???????

especially as technology improved?

I'm sure nobody here can remember ME YEARS ago rebutting gloomers by pointing out technology makes things cheaper and even free - which might even over come the "disadvantages" of technology taking over our jobs by making (Most) everything (nearly) Free.

Dave, it's NOT FREE.  The cost is that the viewer must watch commercials, the frequency of which to be determined.  Just like OTA TV.
TANSTAAFL.
(10-29-2016, 03:49 PM)ModestProposals Wrote: Dave, it's NOT FREE.  The cost is that the viewer must watch commercials, the frequency of which to be determined.  Just like OTA TV.
TANSTAAFL.

ahhhhh,

yah,  

Guess I now know where that saying "Don't look a Gift Horse in the Mouth" came from!!"

Ya know I gotta agree with you BUT ALSO POINT OUT that using that logic - NO WELFARE nor give away programs are free either
iow you're nit picking to absurdity
(which I've been guilty of a few times!)
Don't worry.  The new net neutrality will save you from all of that.

[Image: wolverton_12.jpg?resize=807x807]
So.......how are those free movies working out ?