OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infowars Bannded Moves to Bitchute

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/infowars/ 
Is Alex Jones worth watching? Can you trust what he says?
Not a fan of Alex Jones, but circumstances make him a symbol for resistance to the establishment, deep state, whatever you want to call it. It's not an exaggeration to say he was a major contributor to a Trump win, and "big media" hates him because of that. I support him by subscribing to his channels and viewing his site without an ad blocker once a day. But is he worth watching? No, not really.
(08-10-2018, 03:09 PM)cbeatty Wrote: Is Alex Jones worth watching? Can you trust what he says?

Of course not.

You'd need to be mentally subnormal to believe what he says - I presume it's some kind of comedy that he's running.
(08-10-2018, 03:09 PM)cbeatty Wrote: Is Alex Jones worth watching? Can you trust what he says?

he wouldn't be so hated and BANNED by the powerful

if there weren't SOMEthing of merit in what he says,
(08-10-2018, 11:23 PM)andrew_o Wrote:

Of course not.

You'd need to be mentally subnormal to believe what he says - I presume it's some kind of comedy that he's running.

He's definitely not to my taste - either how he comes across or his topics. Perhaps I have not watched him enough to know.

However, I view Alex Jones as an actor - a persona adopted by a businessman, who either by shrewdness or accident, discovered a sizeable market share of the population who were not served by the traditional media at all - the conspiracy theorists, the skeptics of MSM, the right-leaning and perhaps more than a few deplorables. For a long time, he has had little in the way of major competition outside of the Internet.

More than once he has ticked me off by touching on some story that is not covered by others, but only to come across as, well, as my grandmother would have said "a wee bit tetched", as in not entirely on a first name basis with reality.
(08-11-2018, 10:47 PM)brunt Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 11:23 PM)andrew_o Wrote:

Of course not.

He's definitely not to my taste - either how he comes across or his topics. Perhaps I have not watched him enough to know.

However, I view Alex Jones as an actor - a persona adopted by a businessman, who either by shrewdness or accident, discovered a sizeable market share of the population who were not served by the traditional media at all - the conspiracy theorists, the skeptics of MSM, the right-leaning and perhaps more than a few deplorables. For a long time, he has had little in the way of major competition outside of the Internet.

More than once he has ticked me off by touching on some story that is not covered by others, but only to come across as, well, as my grandmother would have said "a wee bit tetched", as in not entirely on a first name basis with reality.

Good comment. 

Yes, hard to know if he's a cynical guy yanking the chain of the 'intellectually challenged' just to make a buck, or actually believes this stuff.

I first ran into him with his 9/11 conspiracy schtick. Lots of dumb-asses were sucked into this story and I wasted a lot of time online (here and in previous places) trying (and mostly failing) to explain basic physics to idiots who didn't get beyond high school.
The Tech Robber Baron censorship campaign gathers steam.
Quote:YouTube to Scribble Green Propaganda Over Climate Skeptic Videos
Eric Worrall / 4 days ago August 10, 2018
[Image: easter-island-moai-300x200.jpg]Easter Island Moai. By Jmunobus (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Guest essay by Eric Worrall
You can smell the desperation.
YouTube will now place Wikipedia entries about global warming below videos ‘refuting evidence of rising temperatures’
  • YouTube will add snippets of factual information on select video clips
  • It will target controversial topics, such as anti-vaccination and climate change
  • YouTube hopes it will reduce misinformation and conspiracy theories on the site
  • Only US viewers can see the feature for now, but YouTube plans to roll-out the feature worldwide at a later date
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/08/10/y...ic-videos/

It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right. - Winston Churchill

I don't closely follow him. But he can be worth listening to every once in a while. He was worth listening around the election.