OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising cigarette prices spark increase in ‘buttlegging’
Buttleggers love New York.

That’s because it is fertile ground for their illegal activities since it is now more expensive than ever to buy smokes in the Big Apple.

New York has “the worst smuggling problem in America,” said Scott Drenkard, with the Tax Foundation.

The least one can now legally pay for a pack in New York City is $13, which was recently raised from $10.50.

And since 2006, says a Tax Foundation report, illegal sales have risen. The report says the number of illegal cigarettes here now “outnumbers” the number of legal cigarettes. Illegal butts are about 60 percent of the market.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/rising-cig...ttlegging/

The solution is simple:  send all cigarette smokers to the FEMA (death) camps, where they can be turned into plant fertilizer.
One of the overseas pharmacies I used to use recently started offering cigarettes by the carton, "shipped free", for about the cost of 3 NY packs. They even say they will reship once if a seizure note shows up instead of the order. I know nothing about cigarettes these days, but how bad could they be..
Sounds like a great way to make some money. Big Grin
(07-29-2018, 10:02 PM)mason Wrote: One of the overseas pharmacies I used to use recently started offering cigarettes by the carton, "shipped free", for about the cost of 3 NY packs. They even say they will reship once if a seizure note shows up instead of the order. I know nothing about cigarettes these days, but how bad could they be..

I've also heard soveriegn Indian reservations can send them tax free to anywhere off the reservation too
(07-30-2018, 07:03 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 10:02 PM)mason Wrote: One of the overseas pharmacies I used to use recently started offering cigarettes by the carton, "shipped free", for about the cost of 3 NY packs. They even say they will reship once if a seizure note shows up instead of the order. I know nothing about cigarettes these days, but how bad could they be..

I've also heard soveriegn Indian reservations can send them tax free to anywhere off the reservation too

Someone operating on the reservation can.  And their customer records are not subject to review by state and local governments, unlike the records of a non-reservation cig dealer that ships.  If one were going to mail-order cigs in the US, a reservation-based vendor is the only way to go, otherwise you could someday find yourself liable for all the back taxes you evaded, plus penalties.
No personal experience with this.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(07-31-2018, 08:01 PM)Herring Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 07:03 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:

Someone operating on the reservation can.  And their customer records are not subject to review by state and local governments, unlike the records of a non-reservation cig dealer that ships.  If one were going to mail-order cigs in the US, a reservation-based vendor is the only way to go, otherwise you could someday find yourself liable for all the back taxes you evaded, plus penalties.
No personal experience with this.

What I don't get is,

Tobacco is NOT that Hard to grow and process preserve (i did it one year in Michigan just for test)

why is it not more common to just plain grow your own and snub your nose at the Tax Man LEGALLY
My guess would be for the same reason people don't produce much beer or wine at home--the final product isn't likely to be as good as what you buy in the store. Growing 'baccy can't be that hard, but curing it, and adding all those yummy tasting chemicals, plus getting the paper and filter right, probably IS hard. If you like hand-rolled cigs grown in your back yard, then you're in luck but that's not what 99% of Americans are used to, I'll bet.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.