OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycle of Poverty due to lack of public transportation
(11-08-2018, 05:08 AM)andrew_o Wrote: The poverty cycle is caused by:

Hapless, incompetent people producing children who learn all the poor decision making skills of their parents

Black fathers who aren't man enough to stay with their women and so leave their sons to the mercy of the street gangs

A state education system where teachers have stopped giving a damn decades ago (I would too)

I get what you're saying, but really, those are symptoms too.

the more/most base cause really is a level of mental inability to do what it takes.
depending on how you measure, 10-20% of humans (all animals?) have this problem. 

AS a society we just need figure out a better way to mitigate the problem.
We here are ALL pretty sure we do a HORRIBLE job of it NOW.
SIMPLE SOLUTION; CULL THE STUPID
REALITY... IT DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR "TENDER FEELINS"
(11-08-2018, 09:35 PM)matlock Wrote: SIMPLE SOLUTION; CULL THE STUPID

I understand the allure of that,

but a really stupid move/thought.

for one: it does not work in that it'd have to be a never ending project over a THOUSAND Generations and even then, it's just lesson the problem, not eliminate it, and we'd become evil from trying.
for two: the way psychology works, (resentment) it's usually the TOP 20% that gets killed off!!!
and finally:  not needed, as long as we mitigate properly, we CAN act civil while taking proper care of the "too stupids to live".
(11-09-2018, 01:36 AM)DaveGillie Wrote:

for one: it does not work in that it'd have to be a never ending project over a THOUSAND Generations and even then, it's just lesson the problem, not eliminate it, and we'd become evil from trying.
for two: the way psychology works, (resentment) it's usually the TOP 20% that gets killed off!!!
and finally:  not needed, as long as we mitigate properly, we CAN act civil while taking proper care of the "too stupids to live".

so, how do we mitigate properly?
(11-11-2018, 05:35 AM)cbeatty Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 01:36 AM)DaveGillie Wrote:

so, how do we mitigate properly?

GOOD Question!

I'd imagine it's different in different times, places, cultures and economies, ETC.

Humans are complicated.
Historically we could be rather harsh about it,
now, it seems we've gone the other extreme - at least in modern Western cultures.

IMO The BASE elements of proper mitigation probably should include many kinds of Charity (hopefully voluntary)
a Society that does NOT glorify irresponsible behaviour and DOES reward responsible behaviour.
or at least to certain degrees.
An Economy and/or system of Govt that fosters being capable of being rich enough and easy enough for most to participate (think basically Capitalism over Cuba and NKorea Soviet etc)
Life losers, sorry assed people, those who if the earth opened up n swallowed them it would not be a loss to society or the gene pool... You know these non-producing useless eating n breeding fuckers. They tend to be the "frequent flyers" within the justice & social work system.
Now if ya got a problem with outright culling, then for goodness sakes at least sterilize them.
REALITY... IT DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR "TENDER FEELINS"