OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decriminalising cannabis.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44526156

This recent case of the young boy who needs medical cannabis to stop his potentially fatal epileptic fits and his mother's struggle for him to be allowed it makes it clear that the law has to change.

That case makes me so angry, he is being denied something that saves his life.

If cannabis were prescribed by doctors at pharmaceutical grade and measured dose, there shouldn't be a problem.
We can buy cannabidiol (CBD) on the internet here in the US. I thank ModestProposals for his suggestion some months back. I had what we would now call a traumatic brain injury in a car accident as a boy. Medicine at the time didn't have much to offer for complications from those. CBD has no value as a recreational drug.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
Meanwhile, Canada will become the second country to completely legalize cannabis, in October (Uruguay was the first country, a few years back).  It will be interesting to see whether they get people applying to immigrate, for medical reasons.
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(07-05-2018, 11:45 PM)Herring Wrote: Meanwhile, Canada will become the second country to completely legalize cannabis, in October (Uruguay was the first country, a few years back).  It will be interesting to see whether they get people applying to immigrate, for medical reasons.

People like that young boy who needs it to stop his potentially fatal epilepsy might be forced to if governements in places like the UK won't back down.

It is also a case of cannabis and other drugs being available in safe, quality controllled, measured doses, preferably on prescription.

It will be interesting to see who the cannabis vendors are in Canada when it becomes legal, and the effect on quality, health and criminality.  It might persuade other governments to follow suit. And governments to decriminalise other drugs like Ketamine and magic mushrooms. There is no reason why microdoses of magic mushrooms couldn't be used as a medical treatment for depression, as microdoses don't seem to have any danger of psychosis, and they don't have any physical side effects or addiction potential.

Maybe the Netherlands' liberal attitude towards soft drugs is partly from their mercantile tradition. They were a nation of merchants. They can tax it. As well as control who sells what where and of what quality.
Latest research says pot helps prevent alzheimers and senile dementia.  (Sorry, lost the link).

This is billions in savings caring for the disabled elderly.
I really don't care either way

> It seems its not as harmful as the legal equivalent

> Anyone who wants it can get it anyway
(07-12-2018, 05:12 AM)andrew_o Wrote: I really don't care either way

> It seems its not as harmful as the legal equivalent

> Anyone who wants it can get it anyway

The mother of a child with potentially fatal epilepsy shouldn't have to break the law to provide her child with the medicine he needs.

I don't like cannabis myself, but if somebody else needs it to control their illness, then it should be available to them legally, and preferably not just any old crap bought on the street but pharmaceutical grade with measured doses on a doctor's prescription.

There are other drugs that have been shown to be useful to treat depression, which are illegal in most countries at the moment, such as Ketamine and magic mushrooms.
(07-12-2018, 11:54 AM)silverfish Wrote: The mother of a child with potentially fatal epilepsy shouldn't have to break the law to provide her child with the medicine he needs.

And the silly cow shouldn't be self medicating her child with such a potentially dangerous condition.

Let's be honest, most of this 'medical cannabis' story is just an excuse for for dope heads to grow the stuff.
(Yesterday, 03:46 AM)andrew_o Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 11:54 AM)silverfish Wrote: The mother of a child with potentially fatal epilepsy shouldn't have to break the law to provide her child with the medicine he needs.

And the silly cow shouldn't be self medicating her child with such a potentially dangerous condition.

Let's be honest, most of this 'medical cannabis' story is just an excuse for for dope heads to grow the stuff.

Andrew, you are so wrong on both counts.

When doctors have no answers, people go looking for cures and treatments elsewhere.
(Yesterday, 04:11 AM)ModestProposals Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:46 AM)andrew_o Wrote:

Andrew, you are so wrong on both counts.

When doctors have no answers, people go looking for cures and treatments elsewhere.

Indeed they do!

And they achieve nothing.