OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump calls off summit with North Korea
(06-13-2018, 12:13 AM)mason Wrote: There were some assertions in that article I haven't read anywhere else, like the SK government being stunned in a negative way. I have read just the opposite in other articles. It might be a while before we learn the truth of that one.

What I am hearing is that no record or minutes of the meeting were taken.  So we likely will never know what was said.  It may not even matter.  Both men have long records of broken agreements, and outright lies.
That was just the Daily Kos - Left wing as all hell and bound to find fault with anything he does.
(06-13-2018, 02:45 AM)aqua Wrote: Both men have long records of broken agreements, and outright lies.

True, but that has nothing to do with the assertion in the article about the reaction of the SK government. This sort of thing tends to trigger my BS alarm when reading any sort of political news, because it will usually go unchallenged by sympathetic readers. It falsely alters the nature of the article from opinion to fact by claiming an affected party agrees with the author, and it provides no link to the source of the assertion.
(06-13-2018, 11:13 AM)mason Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 02:45 AM)aqua Wrote: Both men have long records of broken agreements, and outright lies.

True, but that has nothing to do with the assertion in the article about the reaction of the SK government. This sort of thing tends to trigger my BS alarm when reading any sort of political news, because it will usually go unchallenged by sympathetic readers. It falsely alters the nature of the article from opinion to fact by claiming an affected party agrees with the author, and it provides no link to the source of the assertion.

I suppose it will come down to which liar you want to believe.

Time will tell.  Watch what they do, not what they say.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-agreed-can...ary-972322

"President Donald Trump's announcement Tuesday that he had agreed to cancel war games in Korea
reportedly came as a shock to South Korea and U.S. military leaders.

U.S. Forces in Korea "has received no updated guidance on execution or cessation of training
exercises," said USFK spokeswoman Lieutenant Colonel Jennifer Lovett, Reuters reported.

Lovett said, as of now, the U.S. military plans to "continue with our current military posture until

we receive updated guidance" from the Department of Defense or Indo-Pacific Command. This
includes the Ulchi Freedom Guardian joint military exercises scheduled for the fall. '
FWIW: China has apparently removed anti-air and anti-ship missiles from Woody Island, one of its fortified Paracel Islands in the South China Sea. An update indicates the photos were taken on June 3, so BEFORE the Kim summit, not after.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/06...ea-summit/
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(06-13-2018, 03:49 AM)andrew_o Wrote: That was just the Daily Kos - Left wing as all hell and bound to find fault with anything he does.
Yup.  The last honest news media around.

(06-14-2018, 12:18 AM)Herring Wrote: FWIW:  China has apparently removed anti-air and anti-ship missiles from Woody Island, one of its fortified Paracel Islands in the South China Sea.  An update indicates the photos were taken on June 3, so BEFORE the Kim summit, not after.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/06...ea-summit/

I have also heard on the TeeVee that China announced the US-South Korean war games were canceled before Trump did.
Aqua's head is exploding because reality isn't matching his belief system

It will be a very small 'pop!' when it eventually blows
(06-15-2018, 05:43 PM)andrew_o Wrote: Aqua's head is exploding because reality isn't matching his belief system

It will be a very small 'pop!' when it eventually blows

I don't know why you think that?

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...3-1160.jpg]