OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Rates plunge in USA
Golly Gee, I wonder why? 

Is everyone just too darn busy making America great again that they don't have time to make babies? ?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/births-plunge...46863.html

"Tampa (AFP) - Births in the United States have plunged to record lows not seen in
decades, marking a profound cultural shift that could have ramifications for the future
economy, experts said Thursday.

The overall fertility rate, which essentially shows how many babies women are having
in their childbearing years, and indicates whether the population is replenishing itself,
fell to 1.76 births per woman last year, down three percent from the rate of 1.82 in 2016.

That marks "the lowest total fertility rate since 1978," said the report by the National
Center for Health Statistics, part of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Meanwhile, the US birth rate plunged to a 30-year low.

The 3.85 million US births in 2017 were the fewest since 1987, as American women under
40 continued to delay childbearing.

About 77,000 fewer babies were born last year than in 2016 -- about a two percent
drop year-on-year.

The latest downward trend began around the onset of the global financial crisis in 2007
and 2008, but has not abated even as US jobs rebounded and the economy has improved......"

[Image: x240-8ub.jpg]
Which group is having babies and which not?
Well, fortunately the abortion rate is dropping as well. Fewer are being born, but fewer are also being murdered.
50% of people now go to university.

Apparently the UK housing market is starting to fall.

Maybe student and mortgage debt is starting to unravel.
(05-19-2018, 12:22 AM)mason Wrote: Well, fortunately the abortion rate is dropping as well. Fewer are being born, but fewer are also being murdered.

It would be nice if the Roman Catholic church permitted the use of artificial birth control.  I think the abortion rate would drop even further.  Artificial birth control and family planning are the lesser of several evils.
(05-20-2018, 08:58 PM)ModestProposals Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 12:22 AM)mason Wrote: Well, fortunately the abortion rate is dropping as well. Fewer are being born, but fewer are also being murdered.

It would be nice if the Roman Catholic church permitted the use of artificial birth control.  I think the abortion rate would drop even further.  Artificial birth control and family planning are the lesser of several evils.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the Roman Catholic Church.