OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is everyone fairing?
(02-09-2018, 05:21 PM)aqua Wrote: Not a trader.  Old fart long on cash.

I am sure the stocks took a hit, but so what --- they are owned for the dividend flow, not capital gains.

Today scheduled a meeting with the tax attorney.  At $800 an hour, he better be good.

I have the same profile.

My shares are all 'widows & orphan' type stuff I own for the dividend
(02-10-2018, 07:11 PM)andrew_o Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 05:21 PM)aqua Wrote: Not a trader.  Old fart long on cash.

I am sure the stocks took a hit, but so what --- they are owned for the dividend flow, not capital gains.

Today scheduled a meeting with the tax attorney.  At $800 an hour, he better be good.

I have the same profile.

My shares are all 'widows & orphan' type stuff I own for the dividend

We agree on something ?

Probably another sign of the apocalypse.

[Image: skull-fire.gif]

[Image: smurf-apocalypse_opt.jpg]

[Image: 18870979-large-crowd-of-ghoulish-undead-...d-a-lo.jpg]

[Image: RogerR20121221_low.jpg]
10 minutes left in trading. If I went long for a swing trade late Friday then I think I would take some profits here.

Da Death Counts are down but not out...

Git Mor Cash (And Gold... and Mor Cash).

Let's see what happens when/if short covering ends.

hedge: T bills. Short term AAA blue chip corporate bonds.

da bear
(02-09-2018, 05:02 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: I've been heavily weighted in cash these days.  I have been stopped out 3 times now for some minor losses.  It looks like the bear will continue on at least into March with the weekly close not looking so hot. 

My public recommendations are doing solid given all the turmoil.  Nothing stopped out and still in the green.

You can see this list here: http://taoeconomics.com/tao-stock-tracker/

Why would the bull come back in March?
(02-12-2018, 11:41 PM)cbeatty Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 05:02 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: I've been heavily weighted in cash these days.  I have been stopped out 3 times now for some minor losses.  It looks like the bear will continue on at least into March with the weekly close not looking so hot. 

My public recommendations are doing solid given all the turmoil.  Nothing stopped out and still in the green.

You can see this list here: http://taoeconomics.com/tao-stock-tracker/

Why would the bull come back in March?

I don't know if it will or won't, basically looking to see weekly support levels since the drop.
(02-09-2018, 07:23 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: Did anyone notice the flight to quality has only been cash?  The 10-year continues to lose value.  This is very significant.

Sounds like most people (with few exceptions) are mostly long on cash (including PM's).

I wonder if we are not all making some kind of mistake? ? ?

The Trump budgets sound like they will have huge deficits, something that could be wildly inflationary.

[Image: seasonal-celebrations-valentine-valentin...74_low.jpg]
(02-14-2018, 08:29 PM)aqua Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 07:23 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: Did anyone notice the flight to quality has only been cash?  The 10-year continues to lose value.  This is very significant.

Sounds like most people (with few exceptions) are mostly long on cash (including PM's).

I wonder if we are not all making some kind of mistake? ? ?

The Trump budgets sound like they will have huge deficits, something that could be wildly inflationary.

[Image: seasonal-celebrations-valentine-valentin...74_low.jpg]

Yeah, there are some inflationary forces hidden in there.  But, there also some deflationary forces.  Continues to be a Trader's Market.

Gold: spike up today... looks like one of your best options out there.  One of the best inflationary hedges, and a solid deflationary hedge (behind cash, and short term T bills).  

Anywhere above $1,300, gold has a chance to get to $1,400.  Although I am expecting an up-down move BEFORE it rallies to anything close to $1,500.

IF stocks keep trending up (a continued SPIKE UP would actually make me worried) then I think we get a new nominal high by late spring, another correction, with a final high for the year in late summer/early fall.

Long-term: DA FED probably fucks this up, so stick with some precious metals... maybe some top shelf foreign currencies.  Short term blue chip AAA corporate bonds.  

da bear
Small point:

It's 'faring'
(02-15-2018, 05:08 AM)andrew_o Wrote: Small point:

It's 'faring'

[Image: 73c64fff27f3bb65a9b8d99df7cc2b38.png]
I'm going to try and put out a new pick this week. Stay tuned.