OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
sucky site
I find the new site to be quite easy and workable and vastly better than letting Tao die. My only big hang up is that I have not yet figured out how to use my old flop eared, grey muzzle dog as my avatar. I have used that dog as my avatar on several different sites including the old Tao for years, but I find that the jpg is too big for the new Tao. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
You need a photo editing program. I use Adobe Lightroom but thats a purchased program. I haven't used any free software for photo's so I'm not much help. :-) Or you could email me the photo and I'll fix it for you.
(10-21-2016, 04:19 AM)Innocynic Wrote: I find the new site to be quite easy and workable and vastly better than letting Tao die.  My only big hang up is that I have not yet figured out how to use my old flop eared, grey muzzle dog as my avatar.  I have used that dog as my avatar on several different sites including the old Tao for years, but I find that the jpg is too big for the new Tao.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

If you right click on the image on your machine you should see 'edit', click that then you should be able to scale down the size of the image.
Thank you very much for your suggestions, Rick and SN. I emailed the photo's URL to you, Rick. Thanks in advance.
I dream of an America where a chicken can cross the road without having it's motives questioned.
(10-22-2016, 11:37 PM)Innocynic Wrote: Thank you very much for your suggestions, Rick and SN.  I emailed the photo's URL to you, Rick.  Thanks in advance.

I emailed them back to you. Sorry I didn't rename it.
This site still sucks. It runs seperate posts (responses to different authors within the same thread) together.
(11-07-2016, 04:48 PM)cbeatty Wrote: This site still sucks. It runs seperate posts (responses to different authors within the same thread) together.

unless someone else does a response in between your two, yes.

I dislike that feature too, but it does seem to make sense.
ADAPT... Wink
(11-07-2016, 05:21 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 04:48 PM)cbeatty Wrote: This site still sucks. It runs seperate posts (responses to different authors within the same thread) together.

unless someone else does a response in between your two, yes.

I dislike that feature too, but it does seem to make sense.

It makes zero sense. Why run a response to one poster into a response to another poster. Dumb-assery! It diminishes the advantage of having a conversation in a thread without regard to the time constraints and preferences of individual posters. Must have been a moron programmer.

it makes this site SUCK!

Why adapt to a lesser standard? One can adapt to no plumbing, but why, when the house can be replumbed?
The engineering on this site remains ............. retrograde.