{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois ObamaCare insurance premiums expected to rise 43 percent next year
CHICAGO –  ObamaCare users in Illinois can expect to see their insurance premiums skyrocket by up to 43 percent next year, according to projections released this week by the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS).

"It’s the worst of both worlds because we have less choice and we have more cost,” said David Taber, who’s currently paying about $1,500 per month for ObamaCare for himself, his wife and their young child.

Taber said the expected health care rate increases are scary but he’s more frustrated that he keeps paying more for less. 

"It is more about having access to the doctors that we want and the hospitals that we want and the treatment that we want and we don't have those choices anymore,” Taber said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/...-year.html
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
No surprise there!

The anti-Trump brigade (some Republicans and all Democrats) are funded by Big Pharma and Big insurance companies.

He MUST be brought down to maintain their funding. These parasites will do anything to prevent real medical reform
Of course, I am in downstate IL.  I am middle class and retired from a long-held government job.  My dad and my mother and most of their friends were at least one rung up the social/ economic ladder from where I am today.  They took more business risks, while I got a stable job with a big employer.  I am still very comfortable.

If I think very hard about it, every single person I know obtains their health insurance coverage from their employer or former employer.  Many of my friends are real farmers, and their wives work for some corporation, hospital or government, not for the money from the job, but so their families can have adequate health coverage.  I have one cousin who was a successful small business owner, and he and his wife ran "naked", without health insurance, and they lost most everything when they began to have the common health problems that sixty year olds frequently encounter.  They were not realists.  Almost every family I know maintains some relationship with an employer who can provide health insurance, even if the income itself is secondary.

This headline regarding 'Obamacare' health insurance premium increases involves a smaller group of people who never readily fit in to the normal employer-based scheme of things.  Yes, these people should have access to the healthcare system but the question is do you overturn the present scheme of things?  For a clear minority?  In France, you get a cradle-to-grave social safety net that is society-wide, but they pay 75% of their earnings in taxes.  I think the American people want 'single payer' and universal healthcare coverage, and a little better overall social safety net, but I am damn certain they don't want to see a paystub where 75% of their earnings go to the State.

And yes, the expensive, interfering healthcare middlemen have to be shoved aside somehow. And yes, the American political system isn't prepared to do that, yet, either.

oly
Even if you don't like to read, the charts/graphics here are quick and back up what I observed:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-06...e-coverage

oly
Do you make things up or just plain exaggerrate? The rate of tax in France for a wage earner making up to 151,000 Euro is 41%. Where do you get 75% from?

Published last week was the state of health services across the world.

UK was number 1 and Australia was number 2.

I've lived in the USA for 5 years, UK for 34 years and Australia for 31 years. The USA health care system sucks big time but nobody knows how to fix it from the inside. Bewildering for most outsiders looking in that you can't see it for yourselves.
(08-08-2017, 10:28 AM)wayniac Wrote: Do you make things up or just plain exaggerrate? The rate of tax in France for a wage earner making up to 151,000 Euro is 41%. Where do you get 75% from?

Published last week was the state of health services across the world.

UK was number 1 and Australia was number 2.

I've lived in the USA for 5 years, UK for 34 years and Australia for 31 years. The USA health care system sucks big time but nobody knows how to fix it from the inside. Bewildering for most outsiders looking in that you can't see it for yourselves.

You are just considering France's income tax only.  The whole shot can get to over 70% and it is higher than almost anywhere:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_France

As for America's health care system, one of the things that keeps it going is that it works well for very many people, including myself.  As a retired government person, it is odd to me that one year the doctors fall all over themselves to care for us and to do procedures, and another year they are a little stand-off-ish.  But we get what we need.

oly