OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Old Board Got Buggered
SN,  did you know the Message Board "Recent Posts" listing and message board link are broken on the home page for the website?
(11-15-2016, 04:47 PM)ModestProposals Wrote: SN,  did you know the Message Board "Recent Posts" listing and message board link are broken on the home page for the website?

I did not!  Thank you for catching that.  I'll see if I can fix it.
The board is running incredibly slow and I notice at the same time traffic and visitors have died down.

In Firefox I get some screwy message about connecting to taoeceomic.something.something.something.net.

SN, what's going on?  It's been like this for the last couple of days.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.  MP
(08-29-2018, 01:23 AM)ModestProposals Wrote: The board is running incredibly slow and I notice at the same time traffic and visitors have died down.

In Firefox I get some screwy message about connecting to taoeceomic.something.something.something.net.

It's an ad engine running slow. If you use Ad Block Plus or a similar blocker you can fix it by adding pushconnectnotify.net to the black list. In Ad Block Plus specifically, click on the ABP icon and select options, go to advance, and edit filters. At the end of the list add the following:

|*.pushconnectnotify.net

Save it, and reload the page. It should perform normally now.
(08-29-2018, 11:20 AM)mason Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 01:23 AM)ModestProposals Wrote: The board is running incredibly slow and I notice at the same time traffic and visitors have died down.

It's an ad engine running slow. If you use Ad Block Plus or a similar blocker you can fix it by adding pushconnectnotify.net to the black list. In Ad Block Plus specifically, click on the ABP icon and select options, go to advance, and edit filters. At the end of the list add the following:

|*.pushconnectnotify.net

Save it, and reload the page. It should perform normally now.

Thanks, Mason.  I have UBlock, but I added *.pushconnectnotify.net to my filters and the board is running okay now.
Good to know that was slowing things down. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see about removing it.
Today is 9/1/18. This is the first time I've been able to access the board for about a week.
(09-01-2018, 12:15 AM)cbeatty Wrote: Today is 9/1/18. This is the first time I've been able to access the board for about a week.

Me too. Wouldn't come up at all.  Went to Tao Economics home page to see if there was some info about what was happening.  There wasn't anything.Thought the board might be gone for good.
This place is a ghost town. I suspect it has something to do with pushconnectnotify.net still blocking everyone. I logged in from a different PC, and had to add the filter to get in at all.
I have only just now been able to access this board, it has been just a white screen all day today and for a few days before.